Chapter Eleven

"Trust me, she didn't recognize us at the beach house. If she would have, the police would already be looking for us since we got caught kidnapping Kendall the other day," the voice that sounded like Taylor said. 

"I'm nervous. We could have just waited until they came back from vacation, you know your dad would have brought us to L.A. for anything! Tay, I don't want to be stuck in a foreign prison," another voice said. 

"We'll get him, Kayla. Stop being so paranoid! Once we scope it out, we can grab him and be on a private flight back within a day," Taylor said.

I silenced my breathing and quietly picked my feet up and stood on the toilet so that they couldn't see me from below the stall or from above it. Kayla and Taylor had come to Cabo to finish what they started. 

After that, there was the sound of shoes shuffling across the floor and the door opening. I waited a few minutes before I gently stood up, still standing on the toilet, and surveyed the bathroom. I needed to make sure that they weren't in there when I walked out of the stall so that I didn't tip them off. As soon as I made sure that the coast was clear for me to walk out of the restroom, I checked once more out the actual door and then ran to Kendall and Kelly. 

They were looking at me like I was the weirdest person that they knew, but hey, I would be too if someone came barreling at me from the bathroom before telling us to "get to the car, now!" and then grabbed my hands and led me out. 

Once we got to the car, Kendall put all of our bags in the trunk and then got into the car beside me. Kelly sat in the back with us as well, no doubt so that I could tell them what had happened. 

I didn't even give them a chance to ask, because as soon as the car started moving, I started talking. 

"Okay, so I went in to the bathroom and I was just about to come out of the stall when I heard two girls talking. They sounded like Taylor and Kayla. They literally started telling each other not to worry and that I didn't recognize them watching from the tree line. They also said that after they're done scoping this place out that they're grabbing Kendall and getting on a private flight back to Minnesota. I waited and made sure they weren't in the bathroom anymore before I came out," I said the last part slowly and looked down at the ground. I was beginning to get nervous. 

I knew that I had seen someone watching us when we were leaving the house earlier, but I didn't think that it was Kayla or Taylor. Hearing them talk about kidnapping Kendall, again, made my brain start to spiral out of control. Kendall wrapped his free hand around my shoulders and pulled me close. 

"Haley, it'll be okay. We'll ramp up the security around the house and the beach. I'll make sure that the guard at the gate calls before they let anyone that tries to come in under our names. Figure out somewhere else that you want to go, because Griffin isn't gonna want us to stay here past a week if they're actively talking about taking Kendall again," I buried my head into Kendall's shoulder as Kelly spoke. I wasn't crying, I was just thinking. 

"Let's just go get ready for the bonfire, okay? Gale went out and got everything that we needed because she had to grab some stuff for herself, anyways. The boys will be landing in about an hour, and then they should be at the house. There's no way that two teenage girls will try anything with all of us there, and I'll call Griffin in the morning," Kelly mused again. 

We arrived back at the house soon enough, just pausing at the guard shack for Kelly to quickly explain the situation to them. Kelly made sure to tell them not to let anyone in under our names unless it was us, and the guards informed her that Griffin had called to add the boys to the list.