2.7 hospitals and heartbreak

There was a lot of pain in my whole body. Maybe I was hungover, but then blurred memories came back in my mind.

I keep hearing this beeping noise which is aggravating. I open my eyes to see I was in a white room.

To be specific, I was in a hospital room. I look over to see my mom sitting on the recliner.

"What happened?" I rasp towards her. She rushed over towards me, pain and worry on her face.

"You're okay honey. You just have a broken arm, a few broken ribs and a mild concussion." That explains why everything hurts.

I looked around to see if my dad and Amelia are here too, but they're not. "They're down at the cafeteria with Seth." It's like she was reading my mind.

"Why am I here?" I asked trying to remember. She sighed before speaking. "You and Colby got into an argument." She spoke.

"Seth said you stepped into the road right as a car turned the corner." So I was hit by a car.

That explains the broken bones and the pain. Where is Colby? "Has he been here?" I wanna talk to him and apologize for the fight.

"Seth said he wouldn't let him in. We got here a couple hours later." She explained. I just nodded as a couple nurses came into my room.

They started asking me questions, mainly to see how much I remember. I guess during that time, my mom texted my dad to let them know I was awake.

Right as the nurses were leaving, my dad and Amelia walked in. I could tell how worried they all are.

My mom said she was going to get food so they could get time with me. My dad was angry at first, mainly at Colby.

Since Seth told them we were arguing, my dad was saying it was Colby's fault. I had calmed him down though because I told him it was mine.

I could tell Amelia hated seeing me like this, which made me feel so bad knowing she looks up to me.

As we sat there and talked, I looked over and saw Seth walking into the doorway. He looks exhausted.

He had dark circles under his eyes. I wonder if he's the only one here. My dad and Amelia said they were going to give us space so they both left.

He came over and sat down where my dad was. "Hey, how're you feeling?" He asked softly.

I breathe out while thinking of an answer. "I could be better." I shrug towards him.

It was quiet for a moment. "What happened last night?" Seth was there so I know he'll tell me what happened after I was hit.

He explained that he watched the of us argue just in case he tried anything else and he saw the car hit me.

He instantly ran over to the scene and dialed 911 while Sam talked to the guy that hit me.

He said that Colby stood there in shock for a moment, and then couldn't find him.

Sam's been looking for him and the girls have been here off and on.

Seth said he wanted to stay to give updates and he would feel bad if he left knowing he saw everything happen.

I could tell that this has affected him. This wouldn't have happened if I didn't chase Colby.

Hell, it wouldn't have happened if Brad didn't show up. "My mom said he showed up." He nodded his head towards me.

"He showed up before your parents did. I told him to get away and it wouldn't be good if you saw him when you woke."