Chapter 1 (the Dream)

There was a time...

" come on Ana, we're gonna be late" a soft voice said-

Not very long ago, we used to live in an enchanted world, elegant palaces and grand parties..,

- four people rushed past the little girl in the corridor, " I'm coming Olga" trying to catch up with her sisters and younger brother "wait for me!!" she screamed

The year was 1916, and my son Nicholas was the Tsar of Russia and had five beautiful children.

"quiet Ana, everyone will hear you" another girl whispered " But Tatiana-" " come on Ana" Olga took her hand and walked with her to the ballroom, while the rest followed behind.

As they all heard themselves being called by their father to the whole ballroom, they all walked in one by one, the eight year old girl was so nervous, this was her first time being in front of a public eye and was wishing she practiced introducing herself more instead of pulling pranks on her family especially the servants.

" Please I would like everyone to meet my fourth and final daughter-"

and above all that no star burned brighter than our sweet,

Anastasia
"Anastasia!!"

as she heard her name being called, she walked up to edge of the stairs and stared down at everyone who was clapping and cheering for her, she smiled while curtsying to everyone but one person caught her eye, they made eye contact for brief moment, as the eight year old girl walked down the stairs and went to stand next to her sisters and looked for those chocolate brown eyes she made eye contact with but couldn't find them anywhere she looked down but managed to get her attention to something else until the last born was called and greeted by everyone, everyone went back to dancing and the three older sisters were gossiping about something while Anastasia saw her grandmother and went straight to her to chat.

"When do you think you'll be back from Paris grandmother" Anastasia asks with an upset tone " I'll be back in two days child, i won't be gone for long, you'll see me again" she holds her granddaughter's face wiping away her tears,
"I have a surprise for you, my dear" her grandmother said, giving her a small golden box with green flowery stripes on it, with white clear pearls, and two people who looked like her parents dancing in the middle of it, the painting of the swan was what blew her away more.

" what is this grandmother?, is it a jewellery box?" She asked " no my dear, it's a music box and look" as the grandmother takes out a small key and twist the box it opens up and starts playing a lullaby, the little girl gasp and holds it in her hand "it's singing our lullaby" she says " you can play it at night before you go to sleep, and pretend it's me that's singing to you" her grandmother says happily

(Play video)

~on the wind, cross the sea, hear this song and remember
Soon you'll be home with me, Once upon a December ~

"Read what the key says my child" the grandmother says giving her the key "together...in Paris" she reads and looks at her grandmother surprisingly "OH really, oh grandmother" she hugs her grandmother as they both laugh and dance the night away together.

As the night falls deeper it was time for the children to go to bed as they had a big duty to fulfil tomorrow, as their mother tucked everyone away, Anastasia couldn't sleep and asked her mother to tell the stories she's been hearing about when she was a baby, the story telling about the Greek gods in the sky "again Anastasia.." her mother laughed, while getting her comfortable in bed " yes mother again, you know i love how you talk about the gods, who saved you" Anastasia also laughed while holding her mother's hand.

"Actually my darling instead of a story, I have a present for you", she pulled out a locket "You too!!, wow everyone loves giving me presents?" She says, "was it because of my good behaviour today, I didn't pull any pranks today and no I didn't throw any flour around the maid's lounge I was up in my room.....reading" she claims, her mother pauses for a minute "...okay we are gonna talk about that another time, but no this something traditional" she says "What is it mama?" She said curiously, "It's a locket my child, of me and your father" she said sweetly, as her mother opened it and showed Anastasia.

"why are you giving this to me mama?" She said confused, she always thought her mother didn't love her as much as she did with her other siblings as she was hoping for her to be a boy instead of a girl, and that her sisters got more jewellery than...

"why are you giving this to me mama?" She said confused, she always thought her mother didn't love her as much as she did with her other siblings as she was hoping for her to be a boy instead of a girl, and that her sisters got more jewellery than her giving by their mother
"Consider it an early birthday present, every fourth Daughter has one these from their parents, now I'm giving you yours, I was going to give this to you with your but now seems it's a good time" she puts the necklace around her neck, the oval shaped-gold mixed with bronze stripes with the family's engraving touched her skin which made her shiver a little.

"thank you mama, i swear I'll keep your tradition alive when I have my kids" she smiled at her daughter and kissed her forehead goodnight but before her mother got up she says " oh i almost forgot, your grandmother wanted me to give you this" she said reaching out to her pockets and showing her the music box with the key "she asked me to give this to you after she left the party" Anastasia looked at her mother and to the music box and hugged her, she thanked her and said her I love you's to her and drifted off to sleep, not knowing that this was the last memory she had of her mother and that history will never repeat itself after that day and her mother was the last person she saw on that tragic evening.

Hope you liked it, yes only the chapter will seem like it's the version from Disney but I mixed it up and made someone it my version of it instead and no there's not gonna be any singing or dancing it's just the lullaby that will apart of this story, and the lullaby will be the biggest part of this story as well...
So I hope you enjoyed it
Bye for now, see you in the next chapter :))