Prologue

Author's POV;

The sound of downpour and ear deafening thunders was invading the silence of the night. People of Saeville Lane kept themselves in their home for the rest of the night, away from the heavy rain and thunderstorm.

The whole colony was dark and silent. No lights were lit. Only the sound of rain pouring and the monstrous thunders were heard.

But in a corner, a small jewelry shop was still open, being the only source of light in the dark colony.

[ Inside The Shop ]

There was a blonde beautiful girl, looking outside of the window beside her as her pair of ocean blue eyes watched the long rain droplets hitting the glass of the window nonstop.

"Grace." she took her eyes from the window and looked behind at the owner of the voice. It was the owner of the shop. An elderly woman in her late 60s.

"You have worked enough, dear. Thank you so much, I don't know what would I have done without you." Grace smiled at the old woman and said;

"No need to thank me, granny. It's my job and I am glad that I was able to help you in completing the orders."

"I'm really sorry for making you work till this late night. It's raining heavily and there's no transpors as well, how will you go to home?"

She looked outside the window and there was indeed no signs of life. The street lights were also fused due to the thunder. She checked the time and it was 1 a.m.

"It's okay, granny. I will manage somehow." she assured her (G).

"Are you sure, dear?" the woman asked and Grace smiled and nodded.

"Alright then. Be careful and stay safe. Bye dear." the granny bid her and she left for going home with an umbrella in her hand.

She stood outside the shop and waited for a while, hoping for a transport to show up. But the luck wasn't on her favour as nothing could be seen to rescue her from the assault of the thunderstorm.

She huffed and started walking to the way of her home with her umbrella over her head.

The roads were already slightly flooded. Everything around her was almost invincible, as if the dark night was swallowing everything in its dark abyss. Only when a lightning strikes, one could tell the abyss was just an illusion, a deception of the dark, devil clouds.

She was barely managing herself as the strong wind kept shoving the umbrella behind. She was struggling to keep the umbrella over her, resulting in getting herself drenched. Her hair was drenched, sticking to her small face; her clothes were sticking to her body, making her curves more prominent.

The clouds roared like a monster and the downpour kept increasing as if the dark clouds are bursting their rage on the earth.

"How will I reach to home at this state? The storm is getting stronger by seconds. God help me!" she prayed as she walked through the alley, fighting the menacing storm.

After a while, she reached her home after struggling all the way. She stood at the porch of her house, breathing heavily as she closed the abused umbrella.

"Finally, I made it." She took the keys out of her purse and went inside her home.

The rain kept pouring for the rest of the night. Making the weather ice cold and removing the dusts in her porch.

Including the signs of two pair of footsteps.

Note: This is a intro of the story. The main story will start from the next part.

Vote, comment and share.