Chapter 3 [ End ]

Author's POV;

Grace screamed her lungs out and ran for her life, exiting out of the bathroom. She advanced towards the door with her heart pumping rapidly.

She tried to unlock the door but it was not opening. The panick started to rise in her chest, she proceeded to open the windows as well but no avail.

She tried to call one of the neighbours through the landline but it was dead. She kept the phone back with her trembling hands. Her entire body was quivering, the drenched clothes and hair making it worse.

Grace froze when she heard distinct footsteps, coming down from the stairs. The shadow displayed every movement of the approaching silhouette, along with the sound of something sharp grazing against the iron palisade. She held her breath, frantically moving her eyes to look for a place to hide.

She marched towards the kitchen and hid inside a cabinet. The footsteps approached to the living room assumed by the sound. She heard ruffling noise from the living room, indicating that the person was rummaging through the stuffs. Well, more like looking for someone.

She was having trouble breathing due to the constrained place she was hiding in. But this is the safest place she could find here in this short period of time filled with danger and terror.

The glass shutter of the small ventilator above the wall in the kitchen slid down, because of the strong wind outside. It made a loud noise, alerting both of the humans in the house.

The male, covered in black leather jacket with a hood over his head slowly tilted his head towards the kitchen. On the other hand, the panicked blonde in the cabinet flinched at the sound. Her chest tightened in fear of getting caught. She froze herself at one spot, avoiding any movement.

The lightning outside got louder and severe, shaking the earth from its core. As if mother nature is alerting the world of a forthcoming disaster.

The dark figure approached towards the kitchen with slow but heavy steps. Grazing the sharp metal on the door making a screeching sound, hinting his presence. His emerald eyeballs moved around the kitchen looking for the blonde.

It could be easily displayed as hide and seek ( my new book title reference) where the seeker seeks for the hider. But, given the situation, atmosphere and the unknown motives, it was rather a menacing hunt. It wasn't a child's play, it was a moment of life and death.

The hooded figure stepped towards the cabinet while looking around. Grace started to watch the intruder coming nearer from the thin crack of the cabinet.

Her body was frozen like ice and breathing was almost becoming impossible. The time was ticking slower than it should in her opinion, every second and every step of that intruder felt like a threat.

After looking around for a while, the unknown man decided to exit the kitchen. He walked towards the door and left from there. The blonde felt a little relief. She took a silent deep breath to ease her clogged heart.

She laid back a little to stretch her jammed back and neck. Her whole body was aching. Her left arm was feeling like it was being pierced. She tilted her head sideways to rest her head.

She put her palm on her mouth in a flash as a scream almost escaped towards her mouth once she saw a burning green eye peeking from the crack and a knife inserted from there, the sharp point almost piercing her arm.

Her shaking irises moved towards the cabinet door which was starting to open slowly, exposing her to the hooded male.

“Come Out.” the menacing, husky voice commanded her. As if he will cut her throat without hesitation if not obeyed.