Chapter 1

Author's POV;

The thunderstorm from the night came to an end at the dawn but it has left its mark of their existence.

The morning was gloomy and cold. The dark clouds hid the sun behind them, preventing the sun from providing heat and light to the earth. The nature was nourished and soil was wet and clean due to the rain last night.

Many people refused to come out in this cold and gloomy weather and rather decided to chill in their home.

Grace was standing in her balcony, alone. Feeling the cold wind brush against her face. Her silky blonde hair was blowing behind. The atmosphere made her ecstatic and peaceful.

But suddenly, everything around her became heavy and overwhelming. The smile which was adorned on her luscious pink lips a few moments ago started to fade as she started to remember what happened last night.

[ Flashback ]

Grace's POV;

After I freshened myself up, I went to kitchen to make some ramen as I was starving to death.

But I didn't find any ramen and then I remembered I was supposed to buy some today but couldn't due to the work and storm.

Then I noticed my neighbour was in balcony and decided to ask her if she could lend me a cup of ramen.

I called her first to make sure if she can lend me one.

[ On call ]

"Hello, Mrs. Lee. I am Grace."

"Oh, hello Grace. Why did you call at this hour?"

"Well actually I just got back from work and I wanted to have some ramen but I couldn't due to work and the storm. I wanted to ask if you could lend me one."

"Of course I can but I saw you coming back home like an hour ago. You should've called me earlier so that you could sleep by now. You should sleep earlier since you worked all day, dear."

"A-an hour ago?"

"Yeah, I was working in my balcony and then I saw you entering your home at around 12:30 a.m."

"Oh umm Mrs. Lee, actually I have lost my appetite now so I don't need to borrow one from you. Sorry for disturbing. Goodnight."

"Ah, okay then. Goodnight dear."

I hung up and stood there for a couple of minutes like a statue. Everything around me felt like a heavy burden on me. I started to feel cold and an unsettling feeling crept through my body, giving me goosebumps.

The words of my neighbour kept ringing in my mind while I tried to process everything.

"Why did she say I came back an hour ago when it has been just 15 minutes since I came home?"

Nothing was making any sense to me. But for an unknown reason, a thought came to my mind for a millisecond before I immediately brushed it off to prevent myself from freaking out more.

I huffed a breath which I was holding for a long period. I didn't want to stress myself about it now so I decided to call it a night and went to sleep to calm myself down.