I Know Better

I exited the bar and stood on the sidewalk outside, staring out to the street watching the cars drive by. I didn't expect to be followed when I stormed out, but A few seconds later Pedro stood right next to me. We stayed silent, the only sounds were the honking in the distance and the other city-goers having their own conversations. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was actually comforting. "At this point, I'm beginning to think I'm the problem."

Pedro looked at me, puzzled. "What makes you say that?"

"My date tonight is currently trying to pick up another girl in front of me... the last guy I gave a chance to only wanted to use me..." I paused. I could feel him staring at me and it was making me nervous, but I did my best not to let it show. "And my ex boyfriend cheated on me, so clearly it must be me."

With his hands shoved into his pockets and his eyes still on me, he leaned in a little closer. To which I couldn't help but to look up at him too. "You want to know what I think?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders in response, so as to say 'hit me', and our bodies were then facing each other's. "I think... they just don't know what they're missing." He said softly.

I rolled my eyes despite the chills that ran down my arms. "And you do?" I questioned sarcastically.

"I know better than they do." His expression hardened as soon as those words left his lips. "I'm going to go look for my friends inside." He said. I nodded, still standing on the sidewalk and not planning on moving. "If you want to join me- us.." he quickly corrected himself.

I considered going with him, but I was too exhausted to go back when I knew Nathan would still be there. I began to shake my head 'no', but he put his hand on my shoulder and ushered me through the doors before I could decline the offer. I would have protested but the warmth that was radiating from his body in contrast to the cold air outside was too comforting.

Pedro mentioned that he brought a friend and his wife out that night, but what he didn't tell me was that his friend was Oscar Isaac. I was afraid that I would be too awkward around them, but once we all got to talking, it felt only natural. Nathan hadn't even crossed my mind.

When I got home that night, I got rid of every trace of Nathan Preston, and it felt good. I didn't know what it meant— Pedro insisting on introducing me to his friends. I wanted it to mean something. But like a routine, he ignored me the next day. Just like how I tried to ignore this cat-and-mouse game he was playing. I was getting tired of all the back and forth.

It was a new day on set, I just had my morning coffee and was ready to film all day. So far it had been two months since we started the movie, Sophie said it'd be six months, and she said I needed to begin looking for more auditions to go to if I wanted to be in another project this year. The first couple of scenes I did that day were with Gwen (Marnie), and I was supposed to do one with Pedro. The word around the set was that we would have to kiss. I didn't know how to feel about it.

I was talking with Gwen after a scene and I had noticed how under-the-weather he looked. I supposed she saw that I was staring at him from across the set. "He looks really tired today, huh?" She said.

I flinched at the sound of her voice. "Oh...yeah he does."

"I heard he went home with someone from the bar last night." She laughed as she wiggled her eyebrows. My face dropped, earning a questionable look from Gwen. "What's wrong?"

"I have to use the bathroom." I said right before I left set and went straight to my trailer. I grabbed my phone out from my bag that had been sitting on the couch and searched the internet for something; anything about Pedro with some mystery woman last night. I was furious, I thought that he and I had a moment. I thought that we'd had multiple moments and the same thing happens every time. He acts like I don't exist. And it didn't matter if I tried seeing other people because when they inevitably screw me over, there he is. Saying all the right things and making me think he's interested, and I couldn't take it anymore.

I found no pictures or articles about Pedro being seen with somebody, but who knows? Maybe they'll come out with something soon.