I'm Trusting You.

**Meanwhile in New York**

The streets were busy as usual, but Pedro felt his world stop right in front of him. He watched as Magnolia drove away, he knew he should've chased her--begged her to stay. Three days had passed since she left him standing on the side of the street. Pedro didn't go on his trip, he made it to the airport because he thought 'why the hell not?'

But he knew it was wrong. He didn't want to go if Maggie wasn't with him. For the past few nights he hadn't been able to sleep. He wondered what she was doing, if she was having trouble sleeping too. He thought that if they were in bed together right then, they'd have been fast asleep a long time ago.

When Pedro went onto set people would ask him if he was feeling alright. The dark circles under his eyes were a cause for concern. He couldn't stop thinking about her. The sound of her voice cracking, he couldn't get it out of his head knowing he was the reason she left.

The paparazzi were even more aggressive than usual. Around his house, there were more of them outside waiting for him to show up everyday. He knew that eventually it would all die down--that this was the thick of it, he just wished that Magnolia was going through it with him. He wished that, like her, he could run away and hide too. But no matter where he went, there would be people who knew him, taking pictures.

Another day had gone by and he still hadn't heard anything from Magnolia. Although he didn't really expect her to just call him, he hoped and prayed that he would at least see her on set or overhear someone talking about her possible saying when she would come back.

He couldn't take it anymore, Pedro decided to go to Magnolia's apartment and surprise her. He didn't know if she was there or not, but he figured it couldn't hurt to just check in. For the first time in a while he felt scared. Scared of rejection, scared of looking like a crazy person. But most of all, he was scared that he had lost her forever.

He walked up to the apartment building and entered the code, went up the stairs and stood in front of her door. His head was spinning with thoughts. As he knocked on it, he didn't remember seeing her car anywhere, but it was too late now. If no one answered he could just turn around and go home, simple as that.

Except someone did answer, just not the person he wanted. It was Chloe. Pedro furrowed his eyebrows. He knew this person, Magnolia had talked about her loads of times, and he's seen her in ads all around the city. "You're Chloe.." he said.

"You're Pedro Pascal." Chloe rested her hand on her hip, while the other was holding the door handle. "You're looking for her, aren't you?"

"I'm assuming she told you everything."

"Of course she did, I'm her best friend." She had a cold tone in her voice, but she didn't want to sound too harsh. Genuinely, she did like the guy.

"I really need to talk to her." At that point he was willing to go to her, the only problem was he didn't know where she was.

"I don't know when she'll be back."

"Can you please tell me...where she is?" 

Chloe rolled her eyes, trying to keep the hard exterior. "She's at her moms house." Pedro looked at her as if to sarcastically say 'oh thanks that's really helpful.' She knew he wanted specifics, but she was at war with herself on wether of not to give it to him. She needed to make sure he was serious about his intentions with her best friend. After a few second of silence, Chloe took a deep breath. She could see the desperation in his eyes, along with the bags that he'd formed due to his lack of sleep. "Give me one good reason why I should tell you exactly where she is."

Pedro chuckled. "I'd tell you, but I want her to be the first one to hear it."

With that, Chloe smiled. She knew what he meant, and thought that was reason enough. "Okay...I'm trusting you with this." She warned, giving him the address to Magnolia's whereabouts.

Pedro thanked her kindly. "If you don't mind me asking...what are you doing here?" He asked her.

"Maggie said I could stay here while I'm in the city for work."

He nodded with understanding, and left with a little more hope in his heart. He hoped that when he saw Magnolia again that's it would all be okay, he just had to say those three little words. He had only told two women those words, and both of those relationships ended shortly after. From then on, he avoided relationships all together. In his experience, they always seemed to end in disaster once he said 'I love you'.

Maybe it was all in his head, but in the past he preferred to be safe than sorry.

This was different. He knew that what he had with Magnolia was real. And he would never forgive himself if he didn't fight for her.