Ace of Hearts

"Three, two, one, one, two, three, ahhh, ahhh, come on, repeat after me."

"Sleeping on the job, hm?" She chuckled lightly.

"What did you get up to in your dreams? You seemed quite exuberant; you couldn't stop smiling." That sly kitsune: Yae Miko. It seemed like she could make people weak in the knees just by existing. This fact was expeditiously proven by Ace's reaction to her.

"Umm..N-nothing..." Ace's heart was already beating fast, (due to the fact that they were about to kiss Yae Miko in their dream) and now that they woke up to Yae Miko, it was only seconds before their heart would burst. Ace had woken up with a face the same colour as Yae's hair. To them, it was like dreaming and then waking up inside another dream.

"Come on now, no time to daydream." That wicked smile and her dangerous eyes sent arrows into their heart. "We can make your dreams a reality later and we can be whatever you want, right now we need to be Ei's babysitters". Her amethyst eyes sparkled as if they truly were quartz; her soft, rosé-coloured hair was intoxicating almost as if it really was alcoholic; and her short clothes that explicitly revealed her most beautiful feature: her inebriating body that had to be carved by the gods. 'She's like a piece of art' was the only thought that occupied the young servant's mind.

"No dawdling!" The shrine maiden locked hands with the stunned servant.

"R-right Lady Yae! Let's go."

As the two who not only locked hands but hearts as well, walked down the stairs of the Narukami shrine together, Ace became an inquisitor after only hearing a bit of what Yae had said about Raiden earlier because they were marvelled by the kitsune's dreamlike appearance.

"So, what did you mean about being Ei's babysitters?" The apprentice shrine maiden inquired.

"Too busy eating me up with your eyes to pay attention to what I was saying?" Once again, the apprentice had fallen right into the devil's trap. "Typical." Their insides had felt as hot as hell at that moment, merely because of her salacious words.

"Ei's having a temper tantrum; she's back to being stuck in solitude again. Hm, so stubborn. And before you ask, I'm clueless as to why she's being so saturnine."

"Oh no..I hope she feels better soon."

"Exactly, that's what you and I are going to do." Her face had soon been overcome with mischief.

"What?!" Ace's thoughts had gone straight to the deepest part of their filthy mind.

"Not like that silly, well maybe if she wants to but I think she's too dismal for that, he he.."

"Anyway, I came up with the brilliant idea of buying Ei her favourite things, that will surely improve her mood, accompanied by the fact that you and I will be the ones delivering them to her."

"Good idea, maybe we can find out why she's upset too." The two lovebirds continued walking down the stairs of the Grand Narukami shrine as if they were walking down the aisle.

"First stop is Kiminami Restaurant." Not only was Yae Miko a fantasy, but the vibrant city of Inazuma was too. After the conflict in Inazuma was resolved, the country had turned from an overcast, desolate plain to a city filled with vim and vigour. Many visitors had confidently declared Inazuma as the perfect place for a honeymoon. The romantic cherry blossoms falling coupled with the sweet whispers of the wind created a consummate environment for lovers. Ace was enamoured with Inazuma and the thought of living here forever with their soulmate, but their wandering thoughts were quickly dissolved by the yell of advertisement.

"Special offer only at Kiminami!" The chef desperately called out for customers.

"Ooh, we're lucky, aren't we? There's a special offer at Kiminami today." Yae Miko grinned as she held onto Ace's hand tightly and excitedly sprinted to the restaurant.