24. Settings things straight

"I guess I can forgive..you but if you leave I'm cutting your head off."

(Sorta Longer chapter)

Y/n pov:

As I walked up behind Xiao I noticed he was texting on his phone.

"Hey Xiao I'm back you got everything?" I say as I get closer to see who he was texting

He quickly turned off his phone and put it in his pocket while turning around to face me.

"Uhm no I got distracted." He confessed.

I look at him weird trying to figure out why he hid his phone so fast but I shook it off and just stood next to him.

"Well we better hurry now shouldn't we?"

As we got everything we wanted we went to the register only to find a line. Usually this place doesn't have one but it's fine.

"Hey Xiao Xiao! You ready for Venti's play next Friday?"

"I don't think Aether gave me an option" he deadpanned.

"Oh come on! It can be super fun especially if you have me" I nudge him and smile.

He looked away with tint on his cheeks, "wh-whatever.."

I laughed at his reaction just then the line progressed, when it was our turn it was the same old man from when I came here with Albedo and Kou.

"Good day!" I smile at him.

"Nice to see you again sweet girl." he smiled at me.

As I smiled at the old man young, Xiao grabbed the basket from my hands and put the stuff on the counter

"Young love is so sweet you must be her actual boyfriend, sorry sweetie for mistaking it last time" he apologized.

"..uhm it's fine but he's-" I wanted to deny the fact that Xiao was my boyfriend but I got cut off.

"yes hello sir." Xiao said as he payed and took the bags.

"Take good care of her." he told Xiao.

"Will do" Xiao said as he took the bags.

"Oh uh..uhm until next time" I smiled at him.

As I followed Xiao from behind I quickly looked back at the store and then back at Xiao.

"Sooo..Are we not going to tell him that your not my boyfriend?" I sweat.

"Let the old man have his moment I'd rather not let him get embarrassed." He kept a calm tone

Xiao is that easy to pretend that I'm your girlfriend!? HOW ARE YOU NOT FREAKING OUT.

"Guess you..don't..l..ke m..e." I mutter under my breath