𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐔𝐗𝐔𝐑𝐘, 𝟔

Normani's euphoric mood continued well-into the following day. The endorphins were so powerful that she attended all of her classes, paid attention, and participated. This was an oddity that even her friends had noticed because she typically did none of the above.

When Normani's last class ended, she met up with her friends for a late lunch in Central Park. Currently, she and her friends were sprawled out on a cozy rainbow-colored blanket, courtesy of Montero. A now empty picnic basket sat at the base of their feet.

"You know what I've noticed? We've been here for a whole forty-five minutes and you still haven't told us how your first day was with Miss Tina Snow. I'm assuming she showed you who the real daddy of the household is. Am I right?" Montero asked, a teasing grin evident on his face. He couldn't help himself, he enjoyed pushing Normani's buttons simply because her reactions were always hilarious.

Normani tilted her head to the side, facing Montero. "Ryan already knows all the tea, ask her. Also, Stalli isn't daddy, she's a pussy. I was running her yesterday, not the other way around. I even had her apologizing for calling me out my name. If she was really 'bout it, she would've stood on that shit, period."

"What the fuck, Ry! You sat here the whole time and didn't say shit? I'm appalled," Montero clutched his heart, feeling offended.

Ryan sat up and faced Montero, since Normani was laying in between both of them. "It wasn't my tea to spill," she shrugged before continuing, "But Mani is capping right now. Stalli isn't completely a pussy based on what I was told last night."

"What were you told last night?"

The dark-skinned woman ignored the loaded question. Instead, she sipped some Arizona iced tea from her straw while eyeing Normani. Justine and Montero followed suit as they also peered at their friend, awaiting a response.

"Ry is referring to the part of the story when Stalli threatened to kill me. Well, not really her, but she threatened to have one of her henchmen kill me."

"Normani!" Montero exclaimed, shoving his friend in the shoulder. "What happened to not having a smart assed mouth so that you can stay alive?"

"Nothing. That's still the plan." Normani deadpanned, not fully grasping the severity of her previous statement. All Stalli's threat meant was that she'd need to be extra careful if she and SZA engaged in sexual relations. It didn't necessarily mean that she'd lose her life, like her friends were dramatically insinuating.

Suddenly, Normani was attacked by flying red grapes that launched from Justine's hand. All four of the grapes bounced off Normani's forehead and rolled onto different areas of the blanket. Normani's friends giggled at the now peeved expression on her face.

"Really? How old are we, five?"

"No. But you must be since you can't follow simple instructions, such as keeping your slick closed when around her. We all know first-hand how disrespectful your mouth can be. And I'm sure Tina knows too, which is why your ass is probably one comment away from going to the uuupper rooooom," Justine sung the last part of her sentence in a contralto voice.

Montero, Ryan, and Justine immediately busted out laughing. Normani on the other hand, was trying to keep a straight face but was unsuccessful. The corners of her lips began to curl upwards into a grin which transformed into a chuckle, then into full-on laughing. The joke was funny, despite it being made at her expense.

"I hate you, you know that right?"

"Love you too, Mani," Justine blew Normani a kiss.
The latter woman swatted it out of the air as if she was Mutombo.