Eric POV

I don't know what's up with this girl. One minute we are having fun going with the flow the next minute she's closed off and acting like a whole other person.

I spot her walking out of the building with a frown on her face. She looks disappointed and down about something. Maybe she didn't have enough to pay the bill? She opens the door to my truck and slide inside. 

"Are you good?" I ask once she is settled into the seat. Her knees are pulled to her chest and she is looking out the window with a far look in her eyes. 

"Yeah, nothing to worry about.... Actually, can you just take me home. I got some stuff I got to figure out dealing with the house." I nod at her. She has got to be under a lot of stress dealing with being a single mom and making enough money for all the bills. 

"Anything that I can help with?" She shakes her head. Ten minutes later we are pulling back up to her house. The whole ride was unfortunately uncomfortable with only silence in between us. No radio to tune out the awkwardness of the situation. Hell, I don't even understand why it is awkward, but it is. I turn the truck off. "So, we going to try this whole date thing again or is this you are ditching me for good?" She is fumbling with her hands as if she is nervous or anxious. Her face isn't giving anything off though. It is like she is wearing a bullet proof mask and I am the damn bullet trying to penetrate it. 

"Honestly I don't think this is a good idea. You seem like a good guy but I don't have the time or energy for dating. I have way more important things to be worrying myself with. Plus you remind me a lot of Olly's dad and I'm not looking for another Isiah to walk into my life. I don't want curveballs." Her words kind of hurt for a reason that I don't quite understand. I just met this girl and I shouldn't be bothered. Thing is though, I'm realizing that she isn't like all the other girls throwing themselves at me. She could give two shits to be in my presence. 

I school my face to hide any thoughts that my facial expressions may portray. 

"I get that," I get out of the truck and walk around. She's comparing me to her son's dad, before even knowing me. Maybe it is better that I cut my losses and focus on my career. I open her door and help her down closing the door. I stare into her fucking gorgeous eyes that are looking everywhere but at me. "I'll be sending you three passes to get inside the stadium. I told Olly that I would get him in before I knew he was your son. It's just a practice but it's for family and friends type of practice. Like a family event for the players since we travel so much. He should enjoy it." She glances up at me with wide eyes. Her armor finally slipping a moment before being put back on. In that moment I saw her shocked and unbelieving eyes. "I'm not Olly's dad. I'm a man that keeps his word and takes care of what is his. If you would've given me the chance, I could've proven that to you." I shut the door and get back into my truck. 

I pull off not glancing at her as the truck moves down the broken street. Everything I said is true, but I'm not going to beg for someone to date me if they don't want to. The only thing I can do now is keep my word to Olly and in the process let go of the beautiful girl I met in the club.