Eric Pov

It's been a couple of days since I saw Jessi. Ever since I left her outside of her house and told her I wouldn't basically chase someone that didn't want me, my heads been out of it. I feel crazy even thinking that this girl could have this much power over my head. There's something about the way she smiles and laughs that just make me genuinely happy for no reason.

I'm a man of my word though and I told her I wouldn't chase her so that's what I am going to do.

The boys and I are meeting in an hour to discuss Field Day at the stadium later today. Our coach has grouped us off to show the kids and families the facilities and to come up with activities to with them.

I had my agent send three tickets to the house for Oliver. Hopefully Jessi still brings the little guy up here. He seemed really excited about the possibility of being on an actual baseball field that got games televised.

My agent had so many questions when I told her where to drop the tickets off at. It was honestly funny. The damn woman hired a bodyguard to escort her to Jessi's home because of the neighborhood. I don't hold it against her though. The neighborhood where they live is not the best neighborhood by any standards.

"Eric the player is in the house!!!!" Stan shouts out to the bar which gets everybody hooting and hollering out. I don't think I will ever be completely used to the fact that I can't go anywhere or to a bar without so much attention. Sometimes I miss living the small life where nobody knows you. They just pass you buy without so much as a glance.

"Hey man," we do a bro hug before taking a seat at the table with the rest of our group. Johnny is sitting across from me. He plays third base and pretty easy-going guy. Stan is basically the team equipment person. He deals with our nasty jerseys and makes sure we have all of our gear for games. Next to Johnny is Dakota, but nobody calls him by his first name. It's always Kota or D and he plays catcher. He's got a hell of a throw on him and man's his position pretty well.

"What's up guys? Did y'all order yet?" I start scanning the drinks menu. Scanning the menu to see if they have Coor's on tap or not.

"Nah man, we were waiting for you before ordering. What are you getting?"

"Coors and probably chips and salsa. Only get one beer and water for the rest of the time. I don't want Coach reaming us if we fuck this up. We'll never hear the end of it." The waitress approached our table and took each of our orders for drinks and we decided to just share the chips and salsa. "So, after we get done showing the guest around the stadium and do the general tour objectives. What were y'all thinking about doing with the kids?"

"Well, each person that attends gets a signed Jersey from us in their sizes. That'll help keep morale up. We could toss a couple balls with the kids. Let them run the bases and we could throw in signed baseballs by a couple of us too." I nod my head.

"The other guys were thinking about a fun game of baseball for the adults and let the kids sit in the dugout during the game. That could get interesting. I think the ideas Stan gave we should also do. The kids will get a kick out of everything." Dakota takes a sip of his Bud light.

I nod my agreement while the two of them keep talking. My mind drifts to Jessi playing baseball. I bet she will get real competitive about the game and pull everything out. I know she'll be able to hold her own physically due to her little pull up stunt when she shocked the hell out of me and pulled me up with her.

"Dude you good? What's got you in dreamland?"

"Huh?"

"Don't tell me you got a girl pregnant. Robinson started pulling stunts like this when Rebecca got knocked up when they were dating." Dakota replies.

"What? Hell no... At least as far as I know I haven't knocked any of the girls up that I have been with. Just thinking about some stuff."

"You thinking about that chick from the club? Billy said she had a bangable body. Big tits and a huge ass. Though he said you didn't make it to first base even with the girl but basically had sex on the dance floor with clothes on." Stan is chuckling. Dakota smiles but it isn't his usual smile more like his show smile while he focuses on my reaction.

The blood in my body is boiling from finding out Billy is talking about Jessi that way. The fucking disrespect towards her pisses me off more than anything.

"Stan, I'd just shut your fucking mouth. Quit listening to fucking Billy rant on about a girl who turned him down and wouldn't even dance with the fucker."

"So, there is something there," Dakota states.

"No there isn't anything there. Do I wish there was? Hell yeah, but she compared me to her ex-boyfriend the next day when I showed up the gym she works in before she knew. She's got a kid and doesn't have the time for anything and so I am just going to leave it at that."

"Damn dude that is rougher than the Mississippi River. My bad,
I was just joking around. Wasn't trying to bring negative stuff up entirely."

"It's whatever dude." I pull out a hundred and toss it on the table. "Going to get a workout in before the stadium tour begins. Starts at 4pm right?" They nod their heads. "Alright I'll show up early and sign everything before people get there." They both say their goodbyes.

I'm out of the door as quickly as possible. My blood is still boiling over what Stan was talking about. God, this woman is taking over everything without even knowing it. I hope to God she shows today, because my mind is made up. Things are about to change.

******

If you are enjoying the story please comment and vote. They are very helpful. This is my first story on here so please give positive feedback.

Dakota

                                                                                               Stan

Stan