something new

y/n woke up the next morning sprawled all over the living room couch, her head pounding as she sat up properly on the couch. her pre-set alarm on her phone woke her up thankfully, so she wouldn't be late for school.

"uuughhhh, my head..." she massaged her temples a bit, before getting up to grab a bottle of water and head up to her room. she thought about the night, having no clue how she got home. she only remembered leaving the karaoke place, but not getting home oddly enough. she pushed her thoughts aside, going to get ready for school like usual.

today she just wore the uniform shirt with a pair of grey sweats and a more natural makeup look, just some mascara, a little concealer on her eyes, and some lip product. she took her bag and headed out once again, but not without at least half of the snacks dg had bought her yesterday. she walked to her bus alone, putting her airpods in as music blasted again and she felt a little less tired.

"hey y/n!" a voice interrupted her music. she took out her air pods, turning around to look at who greeted her. it was kang jiheon, a boy in the computer department who hung out with her as well yesterday who was friends with vin jin. he was a little cute, with slightly shaggy hair and a baby face.

"oh.. jiheon, hi." she waved a him a little, with a smile on her tired face. jiheon caught up to her, going to walk next to her towards the bus stop as well. "you ride the bus too?" y/n asked, she never noticed him before for the past two days.

"yeah! yesterday was really fun, i'm excited for next time we hang out." he told her, grinning a bit at the girl.

"when's the next time?"

"ah.. just next time. i'm not sure when the whole groups gonna go out again." jiheon answered nervously, scratching the back of his neck shyly.

"oh, well. just let me know! you guys all got my socials yesterday." she said with a small, short smile.

"the bus is here, y/n." jiheon said, pointing out the approaching bus. she glanced at the white vehicle that stopped in front of them and several more people. y/n and jiheon sat down next to each other on the bus, chatting about mostly y/n's old school and life until they got to the school. once they got to school, y/n had separated from the boy to go to the bathroom. y/n entered the familiar restroom to do her daily sesh peacefully since no one was luckily in the restroom.

lunch

the bell chimed sweetly, signaling it was lunch time. everyone in the class got up, instantly chatting with each other about how boring class was or whatever. y/n woke up from her nap thanks to jay, and packed up her stuff. she was going to hang out with mary today for lunch. she grabbed her bag, throwing it over her shoulders before going to the lunch room.

music blasted in her eyes again as she glazed over the bustling cafeteria to look for mary. she spotted the familiar blonde with vin jin, walking over to the two with a candy bar in hand from the vending machine.

mary spotted the girl, waving to her. "hey y/n!" the (h/c) haired girl waved back, smiling at mary.

"hey mary, what's up." she took another large bite of her candy, chewing loudly on it.

"nothin! just talking about random stuff." mary grinned at y/n, shooting her a positive thumbs-up.

"what's for lunch today?" y/n looked over at the now long lunch line and scowled.

"pork cutlets, everyone's always in line for them." y/n groaned at mary's answer, continuing to eat her candy with a frown. her eyes darted around them, looking at the table right in front of them. she stared at the kid with the tray full of pork cutlets. he noticed her stare eventually, shocked when she suddenly moved and grabbed the tray of food without saying anything. he opened his mouth to attempt to get it back but y/n shook her head as if she said no. the dejected boy went back in line with his head down, wanting his cutlets back.