A tale

We then took some photos together, it was great. I really really loved it. They also complimented me for my looks and ofcourse my dance that was nothing compared to their dance. I am so happy I came here yayyy.....

I was smiling like a clown now, I couldn't stop my self, "Look at my beautiful sister, you danced so well honey bee." Bhabhi said proudly. Everyone in my family were looking at me with smiles on their faces. Sometimes they think I am crazy but they love it, I know😁😁..

"It was nice Pranali, nice work." Saloni said just for the sake of saying it. I don't get it, why even try to act nice when you can just shut up.

×××××××××××××  ××××××××××××

All of a sudden there was a lot commotion then everything went silent,

"Oh my god , the king is here."
"Yes he's here." "Hukum sa has arrived." People started talking, and they all stood up to show respect to the king and the royal family.

Akhil uncle went to them, greeted them and then called his family to meet Hukum sa.

Saloni and Upasna aunty went there, they were now exchanging few words with them.

I guess someone asked about us because suddenly everyone looked at us, so uncle called for us.

We greeted them, and they greeted us back, they were really very generous and easy going people, Rani Ma Sa,( the former queen) and my mom were talking like friends, she has that aura of the Queen, no doubt, but she has a friendly nature, and was very welcoming.

They talked to few more people, then were going to leave when a little girl ran towards Hukum sa, "Bade papa, let's invite her tomorrow in our palace, I want to make her my friend, please." She asked him.

"As you wish princess". He told her, and then he said something to his mother and Rani Ma Sa came to us, "I actually wanted to ask this before, but then Akhil said that you are leaving tomorrow so I didn't, but I think I should ask once more." She said to my mumma.

"There's a family function tomorrow, Rythm's birthday, my granddaughter, and I would very much appreciate you coming there, with everyone. And now the birthday girl also wishes the same, so I hope you will not say no to us." She requested politely.

She's really so sweet, I said in my mind. I mean she could've just said that, and expected us to say yes no matter what, afterall she's the former queen.

"Rani Sa, we would love to but-" Mumma was saying but then the little kiddo form earlier whose name is Rythm, cut her in between and said cutely, "Please Aunty, it's my birthday tomorrow." Awwwwww who could even say no to her.

"Okay kiddo, if that's what the princess wants." Mumma said and papa nodded smiling at Rythm. She started jumping happily and said thank you to us.

She then came to me, "Will you be my friend, we will have lot of fun tomorrow, and I'll show you around my room, it has so many pretty things." She asked and tried to convince me, hmm she's even better than Purab at this, I thought.

"Sure Princess, let's be friends." I forwarded my hands for a handshake but she jumped on me, and hugged me tightly, she could only reach to my torso, Little baby.

Mumma , papa, Rani Ma Sa, and bade Hukum Sa talked for few more minutes then we bid our goodbyes to them.

×××××××××××××× ×××××××××××××

It was already night, we've already had our dinner, but I can sense the tension in the air, and I know the reason, Saloni doesn't want us to be there. She said it very clearly when were in the car coming back to her place,"you don't have to come if you don't want Pranali, she's just a kid, you don't have to take it seriously." That's what she said.

Who cares what she thinks, I am excited to see the palace, also to meet the little princess again Right now Arohi and Shlok are on my bed sleeping peacefully with me in the middle. I also have a great night sleep whenever I am with them, and who doesn't want that, so I always steal them away from their parents, and take them in my room.

Today I couldn't sleep, I don't know why, so I came outside of my room, in the balcony, I saw papa was also standing there, " Why are you still up papa, everything's okay?" I asked worriedly.

"Yes kiddo everything is fine, I wasn't sleepy, but why are you up?" He asked.

"Couldn't sleep." I shrugged.

"Wanna have some father daughter time, let's talk about something or anything, did you enjoy the tour? And do your friends like it, we didn't disturb you guys right? " He started throwing questions.

I smiled and told him to calm down, and then answered all his questions one by one, and the next time we watched the time it was already 1 at night.

"Okay now enough of the chit chats, now go to bed, we've to be somewhere tomorrow at 5 in the evening. And I know you'll not be able to wake up before 9, and we also have to buy a gift for Rythm." He said caressing my head.

"Okay papa, oh wait a minute, I have a question, last question I swear," I said hurriedly. "Why do you think they have this thing where one of the royal family son has to marry someone out of the royal families, that's weird don't you think?" I asked him, I was really curious.

"Some people find it weird but they don't know the real story, you know when former king's great grandfather Duleep Singh Rajput married a woman named Ratna, who was not a royal, she was just like us, simple and middle class, he married her because he was in love with her, but that didn't sit well with his father, so he tried to remarry his son to some other princess, and that led to some unwanted disputes between both the son and his father, they didn't talked to each other, not even looked at each other for 7 years, and soon his younger son Anant Singh Rajput married the same princess who was supposed to marry Duleep Singh, Princess Sakshama. Both his 2nd son had a love marriage and he can see that they were so happy and content with their lives, but duleep and the king were still not talking to each other. But what nobody expected was both Ratna and Sakshama becoming best friends, they were like sisters, they both were so intelligent, and smart, they did a lot for the women of their country, and what they did for their family was what nobody even think about, they both made that seven year old dispute between son and the father solved within a year, Ratna was always trying to do it since day one but was not able to because they didn't live with the royal family after marriage, but when princess Sakshama got married, Ratna approached her and they both started the mission and they accomplished it." He told me the story, settling down on the sofa near me.

A/N
Very long and kinda boring chapter I know, but we got to know the backstory of that ritual to understand why it has such a great value for everyone.

And ofcourse Pranali always wants to know everything or else she can't get a nice night sleep.😅