Am I ready?

Pranali's pov-

When she stopped talking she was a crying mess, I was holding her and rubbing her back, papa also had tears in his eyes.

"It was a very difficult time for us", she said wiping her tears, "Anil didn't let his wife file the case, saying that will not bring his daughter back to life but deep down he knew, if poilce gets involved he'll be revealed as guilty. You were just 5, but people didn't care about that and they said things to us, to you, that was not acceptable, but still we couldn't do anything, we didn't have enough money to move out of that place, your bhai was just 10, but he tried everything to protect you from their evil eyes, but one day you went missing for 4 hours, we were searching you like crazy, we asked few people to help us but they didn't even look at us, but then after 4 hours you came back in your brother's arms, crying. He told us that someone pushed you inside an old well, that didn't have water but it was very deep. Your brother heard you crying from far and he reached you, some people form that area helped him to get you out of it. You were so small and you were bleeding from your legs and were bruised everywhere. That was the limit, we took our everything and left that place as soon as possible.

But that didn't stop there, we thought after 11 years everything will come back to normal, but when it was your brother's marriage, someone again called your bhabhi's parents to tell them that we are some killers and what not. It created a chaos in our otherwise peaceful lives. Your brother loves your bhabhi, they both love each other but when her parents said no to your brother, after what happened, they both decided to stay single for rest of their lives, after an year of efforts by both the kids and our family, they said yes to us."

"Mumma it's okay, everything is fine now. Don't cry over something that has already passed." I said rubbing her back, trying to make her stop crying.

"Beta we don't want anything like that happen to you, you've already seen enough of that drama, we thought we were successful in keeping our kids safe, but after that incident the rumours started again and now whoever knows us also knows about our history. They still call you brother with names, and you also, beta I just want you safe and protected, and hukum sa will do that, there's no place safer than this palace and these people are also very kind and generous. They'll keep you safe and will also love you the way we do, the way you deserve." Mumma concluded and now I couldn't stop myself from crying. I was holding myself back, but not anymore. I was now crying on mumma's shoulder holding her tightly.

Mumma, papa, bhai even bhabhi they all went through so much. I didn't even have any idea of this painful past of the people I love the most.

"Mumma, but what if they don't believe us. After we tell them the truth they say no to everything?" I asked mumma, now in my hoarse voice.

"Beta how do you think I know everything about Rajput family, do you really think this is my first time here?" Papa said and I looked at him cluelessly.

"Akhil uncle is my friend, not some relative, we met in Jaipur when I started working here in one the restaurant of Bade Hukum Sa, we became friends and then one day I told him everything, it was when your Bhai's wedding got cancelled. He listened to everything and suggested me that I should seek some legal help, but the thing was, it was a very old case that too was very weak from our side, so he then told me to ask for help from Bade Hukum Sa, and I did, Bade Hukukm Sa not only heard my problem but also helped me with some legal support. That helped us to get back our daughter in law and our kids happiness and also our respect in the society. Bade Humkum Sa said it was a little reward for me, for working passionately for 9 years in one of his restaurant. You know he always complimented my dishes.

So he knows about everything, infact they both know, and I think Hukum Sa also knows everything." Papa said opening so many chapters of their past years.

I really had no clue about all this. And I will forever be greatful to Rani Ma Sa and Bade Hukum Sa. But that doesn't mean I will say yes to this marriage, I shouldn't right? Now I don't know what to do.

"You know Pranali, before coming to your room, Rani Sa and Bade Hukum Sa called us to meet them." Papa said.