Pure Vanilla: Meeting (1)

TW: emotional manipulation. Heads up, the Dark Enchantress is gonna act pretty creepy towards PV for parts of this fic. It may be interpreted sexually, but that's not really my intent. Either way, beware. It's light in this chapter but will get worse later on.

PV has a discussion with DE, hangs out with licorice, and gets caught being sus.

Also, if it isn't abundantly clear by now, DE is like;; very big sizewise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pure Vanilla nearly tilted his head in bafflement. Suffer? There was no way she let him just waltz into the castle, interact with her followers, and then claim that she wanted to hurt him.

"If you truly wanted me to suffer, why haven't you done anything yet?" He challenged, calling her bluff. If the Dark Enchantress wished it, she could wipe him off the face of Earthbred. Nothing stood in her way.

"Oh Pure Vanilla, you misunderstand. I am not some brute." She picked him off the ground with one hand. He tensed, but she only moved him closer to her eye level. With the threat of imminent harm dismissed, he relaxed slightly, settling into a kneeling position on her palm. When he wasn't in her presence, he had somehow forgotten how large the Dark Enchantress was. She could probably crumble him with a well-executed slap.

"I don't wish undeserved harm onto any cookie. I just want you to suffer the same way I had," the sorceress said.

"My people were innocent. Did they deserve to be wiped out? Did our friends ever treat you unfairly, that such devastation should be wrecked onto their kingdoms?"

"Of course not." He couldn't help but feel surprised. The Dark Enchantress was so far removed from her old self that she was almost like a boogeyman, but for her to admit that...

"The only reason I had fought at all was because the rest of the royals decided to oppose me, and you chose to lead their charge." She sighed. "So many unnecessary casualties, by your own hand. I thought you loved me, Pure Vanilla. We used to be the oldest of friends."

"Are we friends, Master?" he asked cuttingly.

"I certainly think we could be. I, personally, enjoyed the time we spent together."

This was a blatant attempt at manipulation and he didn't understand what the Dark Enchantress got out of it. He wasn't going to bend to her will easily and she was too smart to be ignorant of that.

"So many memories," she sighed. "Think of all the times we had skipped class to learn forbidden magic, or perfect the recipe for baking a cookie."

"It never amounted to anything."

Actually, that's where you are incorrect." there was a strange edge to her voice now, a tinge of sweetness like cloying honey. "Our experiments, our search for life- we had succeeded."

"What?" He coughed hoarsely. "No, that's not possible. Why had you- had the late White Lily kept this to herself? If the experiment succeeded, then we could have revolutionized healing as we know it! She would have told me, or said something at least."

"Such flattering faith in her, but ultimately wasted. She wanted to spare you the horror."

"Horror..." He thought about what that descriptor could entail. Although the school had been in a terrible state by the time the students had evacuated, it had little to do with their attempts to bake a cookie. They had stolen ingredients and probably committed some kind of blasphemy but had never hurt anyone. Well, no one except for-

"Are you insinuating that the inclusion of the headmaster's jam made the recipe work?"

"Yes, but that is far from all. The school has become a haunted place. I'd rather you remain here with me- truly, there's no need to see it yourself."