Misc: Saccharine

WARNING: gore, abuse, serious bodily injury.

Pure Vanilla fucking dies lmfao

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's sweet like saccharine~
What I'd do to have you sitting here next to me~
Looking at you makes me wanna gouge out my eyes,
Bloody surprise,
Like cherry pie,
Will you be mine?

True to what the priestess had said, Pure Vanilla didn't leave the castle. It wasn't really known what was keeping him there, whether it was a fear of the Dark Enchantress's retaliation, a delusion that he could save his old friend, or some mysterious other reason. The end result was that no more changes occurred within the cookies of darkness. Only the boiling froth of discontent present among everyone, hidden under the surface of everyday life, truly showed the precipice they danced on.

After the Dark Enchantress returned, she continued to call Pure Vanilla to meetings so she could enjoy her newfound delicacy. The healer let it happen, no longer struggling against her.

The Dark Enchantress was stronger, and the enchantments around her were a testament to decades of preparation that he lacked. Resisting was not worth the fight and energy that would ensue, so he just let her do as she wished. Even if she gradually increased what she asked of him, it was "in moderation", as the sorceress said. Pure Vanilla could just fix himself up. That by no means lessened the toll that the repetitive abuse took on him, which he successfully hid from everyone but Pomegranate. When the sorceress would cannibalize him, he would sequester away to that high window, where she would pass by.

The priestess tried to barge in and protect him on a couple of occasions. She would appear in the nick of time or right before, tempting the Dark Enchantress with magnificent visions and playing on her hatred of the witches to draw her attention away from Pure Vanilla. She entered her master's mind with the excuse of keeping information away from the healer, so she could do her work without interference. But parlor tricks could only work for so long. When she was telling the Dark Enchantress more about an organization of interest, she interrupted her.

"Pomegranate, do you think I haven't noticed what you are trying to do?"

In the end, The Dark Enchantress did leave to investigate the St. Pastry order. She returned quickly, though, and the priestess ceased to help from then.

Strawberry Crepe began spending more and more time away from the kingdom in the clouds. Pomegranate, if she had been affected by the death flags over her head, kept from showing any outward indication. Licorice was becoming impatient, not understanding why weren't leaving. Dark Choco was diligently waiting.

Someone was inevitably going to break. It was just who would be first.

Red Velvet, on account of Pomegranate's influence and his own internal conflict, happened to be the one to fall. He went to the Dark Enchantress, bowing low, and confessed what Dark Choco had revealed to him. The hybrid had nothing against him- he generally liked him by now- but he needed the Dark Enchantress to be decisive over his worth. If there was any propelling force for the hybrid's actions, it would probably be...affirmation. Not for his loyalty, but for his cause.

The Dark Enchantress sent the general to collect both of them. They instantly picked up on his rigid, becoming suspicious, but followed him on account of the sorceress's command. He led them both into the throne room and shut the grand doors behind him. Upon Pure Vanilla's throne, the Dark Enchantress smirked down upon them.

"Are you two aware of why you were called?"

"We aren't," Pure Vanilla said. "Please enlighten us."

"I had been told about of activity that you two were devising behind my back. I had never expected it- what an out-of-character act for our resident healer! had never thought you would be the type commit such a betrayal to a fried from beyond the grave."