Chapter 8: Rodeo

It is the final week of school, which I am excited but yet scared. I hate final week of school, because it is really stressful but then I like it because I know I have survived another year. I didn't give up or threaten to quit all together.

I was walking through Nashville today because it is a stress reliever. The batman or more known as the at@t building is the tallest building here and it is so cool to see. My favorite part of Nashville though is Broadway, it is really cool it looks like a antique street with the old buildings.

"Hi Alex..." Diego texted.

"Hello." I replied shocked he actually texted me this early in the morning.

"Can I ask you something? Do you want to come to the rodeo tonight with me? You can invite Katie if you want to. I am inviting Trevor with me because he is a loner so he wants you to invite Katie lol. She is such a sweet girl so I can understand why. " his text message read. I was excited to read the first half but when he said " You can invite Katie if you want too" I was disappointed. Don't get me wrong I love Katie I do but I would like to be left along with him. But oh well... I guess I will invite her.

"OK. it sounds fun :)" I texted back. I love rodeos and I cannot wait to go with him.

"OK I'll get you all later :) " he texted. I smiled when he sent that text message. I was getting ready to head home when I ran into someone,

" I am so sor--" I apologized before I realize who I ran into. My body felt numb when I looked into those evil brown eyes. My heart pounded really hard, it felt as if it was in my ears.

"Hi Alex." Jed greeted. I looked straight into his eyes fearing what he was going to do. We have not seen each other in years.

"Hi." I breathed.

"It is nice to see you.." he said with a happy look on his face.

"Same here.." I whispered.

"So what have you been up to?" He asked. The fear in my body just grew bigger and bigger.

"Not much just school like usual." I giggled.

"I still can't believe you got into Vanderbilt with all the learning problems you have. " He said laughing.

"I am a smart girl." I replied.

"No you're not. You're a failure, I'm waiting for your mom to call and tell me you failed." He snapped. I wanted to slap him when he said that.

"Well I gotta go. "I quickly said before he grabbed my right arm.

"Where are you going? I thought you missed me." He whined. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I have to go I'm sorry." I whined trying to yank my arm away.

"No.. stay" he cried giving me that sad look.

"Let her go." Diego appeared out of nowhere demanding.

"None of your business pal." Jed reminded him. Diego walked over,

"I'm going to make it my business. Let her go." He growled. I have never heard him use that tone of voice before. Diego is usually a happy go lucky type of guy. Jed let me go and I ran to Diego's big arms. He grabbed me and pulled me close to him. He rapped his big arms around me and it felt so good.

"If I see you again with her. Your gonna regret it." Diego threaten. Jed look terribly frighten, " I just want to say I have always loved you." he lied. I know he has NEVER loved me.

"Thank you." I tried not to cry. Jed turned around and left.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah I'll be alright." I smiled.