chapter 25 Cold Water.

My alarm went off at 5:45am this morning and I did not want to get up. Today is the first day back to school but I. Just . Don't. Want to. Go. I want to stay home and sleep.

Sleep, because it makes time fly faster, it helps me feel better. It helps me forget everything. I am starving for food but I do not want to get up and eat. I want to feel pain, I am tired of feeling emotional pain. Emotional pain sucks, it sucks so bad because it hurts and it won't leave.

"Alex..."Katie walked in with her arms crossed leaning against the door. I just stared at the wall, waiting for a phone call from Trevor or a knock on the door from someone to tell me Diego is gone.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" She asked,I looked at her

"Yes..." I mumbled softly.

"Liar.." she snapped. I did actually sleep, for about 5 minutes. My mind just raced like a race horse.

"Get up you have school." She demanded. I did not move, not one inch. I wasn't going to move from this bed.

"Alex you can't wait for a phone call or knock on the door." she snapped again.

"Watch me." I growled turning around in my bed looking away from her. She walked over and yanked the covers off me.

"You'll thank me later. " she growled walking out of my room with my blankets. I still did not move off the bed. I don't care if I freeze to death, I am not moving out of this bed. Katie came back in with a blue bucket, she lift it up and dumped freezing cold water all over me.

"Ok get up." She said walking out of the room. I was furious, "KATIE!" I screamed. I stormed out of there.

"Laying in bed is the only thing that makes sense to me right now. The only thing that helps me get through each day not knowing if my boyfriend is going to come back to me or not! DAMIT Katie why did you ruin my bed? How dare you! I don't care about my school right now , right now I don't care about anything!" I screamed at her. She stood there and looked at me,

"Do you think he would want you to do that? Do you really think he will want you to sleep all day long and miss school?" She asked.

"Right now I don't care what he thinks, I am pissed at him. He broke a promise to me.. He promised he would come back to me. " I snapped.

"Seriously you're going to be pissed at him for breaking his promise to you.. Alex IT WAS NOT HIS FAULT!" She got up from the couch throwing her hands up in the air screaming at me.

"How dare you be pissed at him for something he COULD NOT control. Do you really think he could control getting shot? I highly doubt that... Alex I know you are pissed and upset, but don't be at him. It was NOT his fault. If you want someone to blame, blame the dam terrorist who did it. Blame them don't, blame him." She jumped all over me. I ran back into my room, made a bed on the floor and just laid there staring at the wall again. Now I am feeling as if someone just kicked me in the gut a few thousand times.

"Fine you know what, if your going to be a jerk about this then I'm done. I'm done, screw up your life it's not my problem anymore. " she stormed out of my room. I didn't care if i screwed up my life right now. My life is over as far as I know it.

-----------------------------------

*Trevor. p.o.V*

It's been 8 hours over the 48 hour mark, so far we haven't gotten word he has passed away or not. I knew last time I checked with the hospital yesterday they told me, they were having some issues keeping his blood pressure up. They still have him in a coma to keep him comfortable for now. I do not know when they will wake him up. It's just a matter of when, not if.

I'm sitting here in my barracks right now trying to think of what to write Katie. I just felt like I need to write her, writing her also helps me de stress.

"Private Trevor you have a phone call in command center." Private Linda came in. I quickly ran out of my barrack and into the command center.

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Is this Private Trevor ?" A female voice asked over the phone.

"Yes ma'am. " I replied.

"Please come to the hospital , It's about Sergeant Diego. " she said hanging up the phone rudely. My heart sank, I guess it is time for the news I never wanted to hear. When I walked out of the center I saw Lieutenant Fred in a jeep.

"Let's go see what is going on with Diego. " he said pulling up to me. I hopped in and he drove off. I was panicking because I didn't want to face the worst. I wanted something fantastic to happen but right now.. Who knows.

We arrived at the hospital, I ran out of the jeep and busted through the hospitals doors.

"Is Sergeant Diego okay? " I asked, the red hair nurse. She said, "Follow me."

We walked into his room, he was sitting up, with his eyes open wide. The tubes were out of his mouth and nose, he had a big smile on his face but you could look at him and see he didn't feel good. He turned his head toward me,took a big deep breath and greeted me,

"Hey buddy." With that big smile on his face.

All that worry was lifted off my shoulders. I felt happy for the first time and it was nice. I wanted to cry but not in front of Fred. I ran to him and gave him a hug ,''ah''he moaned a little.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you. "I apologize. He laughed at me, "No it's fine".

"So how are you feeling ?" I asked very happy we were talking.

"Extremely sore..." He sighed rubbing his chest.

"I'm sorry. " I giggled a little.

"How are you?" He asked breathing heavy.

"I'm okay, I'm okay. " I smiled trying to hide the fact I have been worried about him.

"You can't stay for long he needs to rest." The red hair nurse told me as she was fixing his IV.

"I would argue with her but I will admit I am very tired and very out of breath." He sighed struggling to breathe.

"Ok I'll leave. "I sighed

"Hey does Alex know?" He asked with his eyes wide.

"Yup she does. " I huffed.

"I've heard she is not doing well either. " I added. Katie been telling me she's having a hard time dealing with this all.

"Well we will have to change that. " he said then looking at the nurse,

"Can I have a phone please to call her." He asked.

"You need to rest you can call her later. "The nurse snapped.

"I need to let her kno-" he started before putting his hand on his chest.

"Are you ok?" I asked concern.

"Yeah, definitely need to take it easy. "He breathed heavy, he laid back down in bed.

"I'll let her know. " I told him.

"No..let ...me. " he start coughing, the nurse handed him the oxygen mask.

"Take a few deep breaths ..." She told him. He took some deep breaths,

"Bud I'll go now and check on you later. " I waved bye, he smiled then closed his eyes. I don't think I have ever been this happy in forever. 

-------------------

*Aurthors note*
I want to apologize, I don't know if any of you got a notification that I had posted chapter 25 a few days ago? That was my fault, I just switched back to an iPhone and every time i wanted to hit "save" I kept hitting "published." I am truly sorry! Lol I can be rather dingy sometimes.
But this chapter is done for now. I hope you all enjoy it!