chapter 23 Fight You Better Fight!

*Authors Note *
Just letting everyone know this chapter is about 4 months later since the last chapter and there is some gory scene. I am also not a doctor so I apologize if I don't get all the medical stuff right!
------------
    I was walking with Diego and Trevor in the desert in the middle of nowhere. They were talking to each other about Tennessee football, who was the better team, Tennessee Titans or the Vols?

I tried to join into the conversation but they were ignoring me for some reason. I thought that was a bit strange.

"Diego..." I said, trying to get his attention and he looked at me for a second and gave me a smile. That sweet smile of his can warm anyone's heart. I bet when he was a kid he got away with a lot of things because of that cheeky smile.

I was wearing a tan short, light blue tank top and a dusty plaid pink shirt. We were walking in the middle of nowhere, there was nothing in sight just the occasional palm trees. It was just Diego and Trevor and about a few of other people I have no idea who they were. They looked all like soldiers. I guess we were on patrol in the middle of no where looking for drugs .

I had a camera Nikon d3000 around my neck. I started taking pictures, I just felt like taking pictures for some reason. The scenery was beautiful.

"So, Diego when are we heading back?" I asked, he just looked at me and smiled again.

"Soon sweetie soon." He whispered. Then all of a sudden I turn my head for one second, one second my whole world changed. One second it was all over.. I heard a loud boom, then felt a major push back. I felt as if someone picked me up and through me across the football field. I quickly open my eyes and started running.

"Diego, Trevor!" I screamed trying to figure out where I was and what happened. Then,I saw Diego lying there about six feet away from me. He was bloody from head to toe, I bent down and checked for a pulse.

"Hey,Diego wake up," I shook his right shoulder. He wouldn't wake up for a few seconds. Then he took a big deep breath,

"I..can't..breathe. " he gasped, opening his eyes.

"OK, you'll be OK. " I said looking for his medical kit. Then he started breathing harder and harder.

"Diego hang on," I screamed.

"Help help!!" I screamed as loud as I could.

"I'm sorry. " he breathed one last time.

"No , Diego no!!" I screamed, he closed his eyes and his breathing stopped.

I woke up screaming. My eyes filled with tears. Oh my goodness that dream felt so real, It felt like I was actually there.

Katie came running into my room.

"Are you okay?" She asked with a red face. "Yeah, just had a bad dream that is all." I said crawling back into bed. I felt embarrassed I woke her up.

"Alex..." she mutter before she wiped a tear from her eye.

"What?" I asked looking confused. It was 2 in the morning so I wasn't fully awake.

" I just got off the phone with Trevor. " she sighed. My heart started to sink, my body started to feel numb. This is not good, he never calls this late in the night.

"What..."I held my breath, trying not to think of the worse. The look on her face though told me the news isn't good.

"It's Diego, there has been an incident. "She said.

"Oh my God. " I cried covering my mouth with my hands.

----------------------------------------