CHAPTER TWO: Why does my heart burn

Atsushi POV:

~The morning after the incident~

I was peacefully sleeping when all of the sudden my whole body throbs in pain causing me to wake up. Even though I'm awake my eyes are closed and I don't even bother to move a muscle since for some reason today my bed is very comfortable.
...
......
"WAIT A MINUTE THIS ISNT MY BED!!!!"
My eyes shoot open as a scan my surroundings.
I look at the room and notice that practically everything in there is black. And that's is when I remembered what had happened last night after helping Dazai-San with his paperwork.

Suddenly I notice that I wasn't alone in the room. I look to the side of the bed and see a sleeping Akutagawa sitting in a chair. I assume that this is his room due to the style of it. And I start to feel bad since I basically took up his whole bed which basically forced him to sleep in a chair- WAIT WHY WOULD I FEEL BAD FOR HIM HE LITERALLY CUT MY LEG OFF AT ONE POINT!?

As I hid my guilt I just stared at him in fear. Was he the one that sent those two people to attack me? My thoughts are interrupted as Akutagawa starts to open his eyes. I quickly back up to the farthest corner of the bed in fear of what he would do. And even if he did try to do something I STILL COULDN'T USE MY ABILITY!!!

Akutagawa POV:

I wake up slightly sore due to sleeping in a chair. I look over to the boy who I thought was asleep but was actually shaking in fear in the farthest corner of my bed away from me.

I simply stare at him with a calm expression on my face which somehow freaks him out more because he scoots even more farther away from me causing him to fall off my bed.

I hold back a chuckle as I go up to him and attempt to pick him but then the were tiger tries to fight back. Eventually I start to get frustrated trying to pick him up because the younger boy is not letting me so I grab both of his arms and pin him down on the floor. I stare at him with a serious expression and lean into his ear saying "if I wanted to hurt you or even kill you I wouldn't have you sleeping on my bed!".

I notice that the younger one is in a state of shock so I take my chance and pick him up as I grab him I make sure I don't touch his wounds since they can still be reopened. As I place him on my bed the both of us are silent just staring at each other not knowing what to say.

Atsushi POV:

Once he puts me on the bed I notice that I am not wearing the same clothes as I was when I got attacked. After a few moments I suddenly ask him in a shy voice,"Did you change my clothes?". Akutagawa looks at me with a very obvious fake scowl "No......", he says. "Liar" I mumbled " what did you say?", Akutagawa asks.

"Nothing" I quickly reply.

As I look at him he starts to leave the room leaving me on his bed in silence. A few minutes later he comes back with what looks like to be bandages. Akutagawa then walks over to me and starts to unbutton the shirt I have on!?!?.

"HEY WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!!!", I shout leaving Akutagawa surprised from the sudden outburst. Akutagawa looks at me with a furious looking face and starts yelling at me " I SWEAR TO GOD JINKO I AM TRYING TO HELP YOU NOW SHUT UP AND LET ME CHANGE YOUR BANDAGES BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND AND KILL YOU!".

The older one furiously pins me down (again) on the bed and takes off the shirt I have on. He then takes off the bandages and wraps on new ones on my wounds. Once he is done with the ones on my upper part of my body he looks down at my wounded thigh and starts lift up the shorts that I am wearing to take off the bandage that it has. Once bandage comes off he then grabs my bare thigh so he can wrap the new bandages on. As soon as I feel his cold and slightly long fingers on my thigh I start to blush.

Akutagawa POV:

Once I am done wrapping the bandages on Jinko I look at him and notice that his face is flushed red. "Hey Jinko are you ok? Your face is red", I calmly ask him. "I-I'm fine", the younger one stuttered. "Alright if your not feeling well please tell me because I am not risking getting sick" I say with a serious look on my face.

"Ok" he mumbled

~ A few hours later~

Atsushi POV:

It's been a few hours and all I've done is pretty much sleep as for Akutagawa he has been in the room the whole time asking me how I feel, if I'm hungry, and if even if I'm cold. Which has left me shocked to see him have such care for me.

After he was finished wrapping new bandages on me he has been quite gentle and caring towards me making me feel flustered. "Jinko", he's says in almost a questioning tone. I look over at him to see what he wants. "Are you hungry?", he asks me.

"Um....kinda?"
"What would you like to eat?"
"I guess anything is fine as long as you don't poison it", I mumble that last part.
"Alright I'll be right back"

Akutagawa leaves the room and once again I am lonely with only the silence in the room as my company. During the time I was waiting for him to come back I realize that I never really got to pay attention to the details in the room. Akutagawa's walls were black and so was most of the decor in here. There was three doors in the room one to leave the room another to enter the bathroom and last door which I think is his closet.

After some more waiting Akutagawa comes back to the room with a bowl of what seems to be soup.

"Here take it" he says as he hands me the bowl. I stare at him with a face that basically says "did you poison this". After a few seconds Akutagawa sighs and says "if I poisoned this I would not have made a bowl for myself and it would also be a waste of ingredients".

After he says that I take the bowl and put a spoonful of soup in my mouth secretly hoping that I won't die from it.
............
................
Holy shit
This is fucking delicious

As I kept eating the soup my face starts feel hot  and my stomach seems to feel as if there were butterflies flying rapidly inside of it. Not only that but the more I thought about on how Akutagawa was gentle and caring towards me my heart seemed to beat faster. I mean it's not like I have a crush on him or anything.

.................

So Why?

Why does my heart burn?

Word count: 1279 words
Sorry that this chapter is shorter than the first one and I also apologize for rushing the end of the chapter. I have been quite busy making almost impossible to work on this chapter but I did it and I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and the story so far!!!