CHAPTER FOUR: Painful Memories

Atsushi POV:

As I lay in Akutagawa's arms enjoying the comfort of the hug he suddenly pulls away. I look over at him and he gets up. Akutagawa grabs some clothes that were on a chair and walks over to me. He picks me up and opens one of the doors in the room which I believe is the bathroom and then goes in and sits me down on the counter. I watch him as he turn on the tap making the bathtub fill with water.

Once the bathtub is filled he turns off the water and looks at me. As he looks at me he gets closer and says,"May I?", pointing to the clothes I'm wearing. I stay silent for a moment before nodding my head. He starts to take off my clothes and once he's done he picks me up and puts me in the bathtub. I'm not sure what to feel right now. I feel uncomfortable that he can see my body, yet I feel glad that he hasn't made a comment about it.

We both stay silent as I sit in the tub filled with warm water.  Akutagawa then takes some shampoo and starts to massage my head with it. It feels nice and comfortable, but the fact that Akutagawa..someone who has practically hated me for most of the time that we had known each other is now being kind and gentle with me... is really leaving me shocked.

Akutagawa POV:

As I scrubbed Atsushi's head with shampoo, I noticed a lot of scars on his body. Some of them were small and others were big. I wanted to ask him how he had got them, but I didn't want to push my luck and make him uncomfortable with my question.

After all he's literally naked in-front of me which is already probably uncomfortable for him. I then started to rinse the shampoo of his head and look over at him. "May I wash your body...or would you rather do that yourself?", I ask him.

Jinko looks at me for a second. "No..I'll do it myself..", he says quietly. I nod my head and then start to get up. "I'll be back after your done washing yourself. Yell my name if you need anything.", I tell him. Jinko nods his head as says "ok". Pleased with that answer I make my way out the door but I don't close it just in case he really does need to yell my name for something.

Atsushi POV:

A few seconds after Akutagawa left, I start to clean myself. As I scrub my body with soap I think about how Akutagawa really did not bring up my scars or make comments about my body. For me, looking at the mirror and seeing my own reflection kills me. I hate it. I hate to see my face..and just my body in general..but because Akutagawa didn't say anything about it..it had made me feel pretty good, and even a little less self conscious.

It's nice to know that even "my worst enemy" won't bring me down like that. As soon as I'm finished cleaning myself and rinsing myself Akutagawa walks in with a towel in his hand. "Are you done?", he ask me with his usual cold expression. I nod my head and he soon makes his way over to me. He picks me up for the third time but this time wraps me with a warm towels and he carries me back to his bedroom and sits me on the bed.  "Am I really not heavy?", I ask curiously.

He looks at me coldly but somehow not in a cold way before answering."No, not really. But don't act like you can't carry me without struggling either", he says as he makes his way towards the bathroom probably to drain the bathtubs water. I shrug my shoulders and then watch him come back. When he's right in front of me he gives me some clean clothes that were earlier on a chair.

"Can you change by yourself?"

"Yes"

"Alright then I'll get out of the room to give you privacy then.", Akutagawa says and eventually leaves the room as said.

I look at the clothes he gave me and it's just a white plain t-shirt, some black sweat pants,and some boxers of course. I put the clothes on still a little sore from my injuries but they don't hurt as much as they did the past couple days.

As soon as I'm finished putting the clothes on I go to the bathroom and look into the mirror. As soon as my eyes meet my reflection I can't help but remember those awful days where I was in the orphanage.

The pain, the scars, the screaming, the tears, the blood, and the torture was coming all back to me. Every single feeling and every single moment had came to me in an instant. I dropped down to the bathroom floor and started to breathe rapidly. I was afraid and I couldn't move at all. I was just frozen in place desperately trying to breathe.

Akutagawa POV:

As I was waiting for Jinko to finish changing I suddenly hear a thud. Immediately I thought about the worst possible thing that could've happened, and I rush into my room. Although..when I looked inside Jinko wasn't there. I then looked around the room and saw the bathroom door slightly open with the light on.

I once again immediately rushed inside and found Atsushi having a panic attack. I soon get to his side and held him gently. I spoke in short sentences towards him trying to calm him down and moved my hand on his back gently.

"I'm here for you Atsushi"

"Your safe with me I promise you with my life"

"Breathe in and breathe out slowly.."

Atsushi POV:

With Akutagawa's help I manage to calm down a little more and be able to breathe in a more relaxed way. After a few more minutes I just sat there silent embarrassed and disappointed of what just happened. I let my awful memories get to me and I had broke. At this point I refused to look at Akutagawa feeling so much shame in myself that he saw me in such a way.

"Do you feel better now?", he asked as he still somewhat held me. In response I nod my head not wanting to utter a single word or sound for some reason.

We both stay quiet for a few minutes before Akutagawa broke the silence. "If you don't mind me asking....what caused you to...well-...you know..", he said in somewhat or a remorseful tone.

I stay quite for a moment and just sigh. I then look at him feeling tears in my eyes

And

Simply

Said

"Just some Painful Memories"

.................

Word count: 1155 words

Finally it is summer and I actually have time to continue this book. I surprisingly managed to have a really good report card this year which is also one of the reason on why I hadn't updated this book since like almost two months ago due to the fact that I was trying to make my grades higher. Anyways I am back and I will update this book as much as I can. As always please have a great day or night. <3