Protocols

"Friday!" Peter exclaimed. "Don't break the protocol!"

"Sorry Peter, that protocol has been overridden." Replied the AI.

Oh no.

"Penis how much did you pay someone to set that up? $100? $1000??"

Peter didn't care about Flash. He cared about his protocol. The protocol that was no longer in place. Suddenly Peter became extremely nervous for when he had to scan in.

"Ok guys, we're going to start the tour now, if you would please walk through this metal detector and scan your pass we'll make our way to the first stop."

And here it came.

"Betty Brant, Level Red" FRIDAY read off. "Flash Thompson, Level RED, Ned Leeds, Level Green" FRIDAY continued.

"Wait, why are you green?" Flash asked rudely

"Because I come here with Peter, Flash." Ned quickly snapped back.

"Michelle Jones, Level Green." FRIDAY read off again.

"Fri, How many times have I told you to call me MJ" MJ told the ceiling.

"Sorry MJ, I'll update the systems" FRIDAY replied.

"Thanks Fri" MJ replied.

The class was silent observing the interaction between MJ and FRIDAY. There was only one person left who had yet to go through the entrance. Peter. Peter was worried, especially since someone had discovered and deleted the protocol. Someone in the Avengers knew he was coming today. Tony knew he would be coming today. Peter gulped as he slowly stepped towards the machine.

"FRIDAY.. I have Karen with me." Peter whispered softly to the ceiling, telling her so she won't set off the metal detector. "Can I override the override?" Peter asked intently.

"I'm sorry Peter, your override cannot override this override at this time, I have strict orders from the boss." She said with a warm tone.

With a shaky hand Peter scanned his card.

"Peter Parker, Level Black, Welcome home from school Peter, you're home early. Shall I inform the Boss of your arrival? I've been told to tell you not to enter the kitchen today, the chef is preparing something special for dinner tonight" The ceiling said.

"Home?" Flash introjected.

"Don't inform Mr. Stark Fri, He already knows I'm here." Peter muttered sadly.

"Ok Peter I've informed Mr. Stark, enjoy your tour" The AI replied.

"Thanks Fri" Peter muttered to the ceiling, giving up all hope for a normal tour.

As Peter turned to walk and join the group he saw the entire class looking at him. His face turned red as he realised that everyone just heard him interact with FRIDAY. Grace, also noticing the interaction, put the puzzle pieces together that Peter was the mystery level black person. Her mouth was agape in shock. After a short time Grace regained composure and began directing the tour to the elevator. Peter walked over to MJ and Ned, the two people who knew he had an internship here, and the two people who weren't reacting.

"Mr. Stark knows I'm here on a tour, I thought I had kept it hidden. I was being so careful." He whispered to the pair.

"Sorry Peter, I'm meant to be comforting, but now this means that there's a chance we will be able to see an Avenger." Ned whispered back excitedly.

"Ned, you've met all the avengers...." Peter stated.

"I know, but they are just so coooool." Ned finished as they arrived at the first stop.