⊗ 3 ⊗

"i can't believe we got a rabbit for free." jeno exclaimed, petting the white furry ball that he was carrying on their way back home.

"not only the rabbit, but all the equipment as well." renjun nodded with a smile as he watched his overjoyed boyfriend.

this whole situation had felt so surreal and unbelievable.

never in his whole life had renjun imagined he would set a foot in a luxurious auction, let alone the auction set to sell mr na's valuables. mr na was a well-known rich businessman, and the sole fact he owned an object was enough to make its price skyrocket.

but more than being able to assist to such an auction and to actually participate in it, the fact that a rabbit was among the lots at the auction was surreal. renjun didn't know mr na personally, but he had a brief idea of the character he was, and the image of him owning a small white bunny somehow didn't fit.

and, something seemed wrong with this auction. it seemed like the lot had been refused a few times, despite the organisers lowering the initial price. and even with that, the rabbit had been proposed to both the investors and the public which should normally never occur in such an auction. hell, how could someone get something for free out of an auction?! and if only it was just the rabbit... but no. jeno and renjun had been given the rabbit directly, and they had had to fill in a form with their address since the organisation would send them all the equipment to take care of the rabbit.

there had to be something off with this rabbit... but what could it be?

"oh my god, i need to find him a name!" jeno abruptly stopped in his tracks, taking the rabbit in his hands and looking at it with amazed eyes.

"i'm sure it already has one since it was mr na's." renjun shrugged it off, continuing to walk.

"oh! what about nana?" jeno asked, bouncing by his boyfriend's side. "since he was mr na's, you know?"

"yeah, whatever." the smaller male nodded, his mind still trying to understand what could be off with this whole thing.

"you're cute, nana." jeno said in a baby-ish voice. "i like you a lot!" he added, pulling the rabbit to his chest and holding it tight as he continued his way back to his and renjun's shared apartment.

for the rest of the walk, renjun stayed silent, simply glancing from time to time at his boyfriend and making sure he was following him and that everything was alright. the chinese male' mind was too clouded with this mysterious auction, and the more he thought about it, the more he convinced himself that there was something wrong with this rabbit.

"what do you want to watch, babe?" renjun questioned, waiting for a response from his boyfriend who was still finishing to clean the kitchen after their dinner.

"i don't know, whatever you'd like!" jeno replied.

renjun hummed, taking the remote control and choosing a movie that he had been wanting to watch for a while before pausing it right after the first second.

the small chinese male then stood up and grabbed the fluffy blanket that him and jeno had acquired, intending to wrap themselves cosily in the fluffy material while watching the movie. as he was grabbing the blanket, he noticed a white splotch resting on it oh-so-comfortably. renjun sighed, approaching the sleeping rabbit and lifting it gently to place it on the floor, waking it up in the process.