Bee

It was the second time in two days. The second time since the boys came back home that I caught wolves following and watching me through the corner of my eyes.

I somehow couldn't NOT notice them, I just knew they were there even if I didn't see them between the trees. I wasn't scared of them at all, despite not knowing for sure if they were actually one of my werewolf neighbors. It wasn't quite a peaceful feeling I had, but maybe it was because wolf blood had run through my veins at one point that I felt a sort of kinship with the wolves' presence.

Either way, it annoyed the fuck out of me.

I had skipped out on seeing the boys for the last two days anytime they were there and around, which had only been a few times so far honestly. Mostly I was at work at the shit-hole diner for longer shifts than were legal, and when I did come home later at night, I looked for them but never saw them.

I waited up as late as I could for them every time, just to truly see their faces, but they didn't come back until I'd left for work early the next morning again. It could only mean something with the pack that they were out late for, that's how it had always been before.

They were never home when I needed them to be, even after all these years that hadn't changed. Not once.

Normally the wolves' presence wouldn't bug me quite this much, but I was on my way to the diner for my next shift, the early morning shift that thankfully was shorter, only eight hours today. But my truck had decided to not work properly this morning, and I'd had to park it just outside of town at a gas station that no one from the pack worked at.

I had to walk the rest by foot to the diner, not like I hadn't done it before though. Later I'd get Georgia, the other waitress at the diner that had worked there almost as long as I had, to give me a ride back to my truck and I'd use the tools she kept in the back of her car (for emergencies like this) to fix it up as best as we could.

Georgia knew how I worked so she kept the tools for when shit like this hit the fan for me. It was hardly the first time I'd walked to the diner, and would certainly not be the last.

The only thing that had me worried and worked up so much was that the wolves had seen it. 

They'd seen my truck break down and me having to walk. I just hoped they didn't tell my idiot wolves back at home somehow or give me pitying looks or sympathetic help.

But of course Bee Larkson was not that lucky.

I was never that fucking lucky.

**********

It was towards the end of my shift, almost 1pm, when the door opened to the diner and I felt the subtle shift in the air.

I didn't always pick it up, but this time I did because a whole group of teen girls dropped their forks and jaws as they stared at whoever it was as I refilled their drinks. At that point it was kinda hard not to realize who had walked in.

And I knew the fucking wolves had told somehow.

He gave a fake cough just a few steps behind me, and all the teen girls' eyes swiveled between me and him like ping-pong balls.

I moved my head just slightly where he could tell I was addressing him, but I still wouldn't see his face, ''Sir, just give us one moment and we'll seat you.''

I turned back to the girls with, ''Anything else I can get y'all?"

Their brains were still mush apparently as they just stared at me like I crushed their dreams somehow. Nodding my head I moved along, ''Alright, I'll check back in with y'all shortly.''