Part 3

After coming to the conclusion the girl Mikey must fall in love with was 'Dorayaki girl' Takemichi now needed a reason to go to the school. He wasn't as bold as Mikey just to barge right in. Not like he would know where to go anyway. Right now, all he could do was blindly follow Hinata as she guided him to, "Hey, where are we going?" He questioned, realising he had no idea. For all he knew, Hinata could be leading him to his untimely fate and he wouldn't have had a care in the world.  

"I told you already," Hinata sighed. "Emma invited us to come watch the play she's been helping with at school." 

School? Takemichi hummed. "And she goes to the same school as Mikey right?" Hinata nodded, Takemichi's mouth curling into an uncomfortable grin. He knew Hinata was a heaven sent angel, making friends with Emma so easily gave him the perfect opening to swoop in and work on his plan for Mikey and the 'Dorayaki girl.' And what was this plan? To keep the pair from ever meeting. Yes, it seemed perfect. You can't be heart broken if you never meet, right? 

Entering the school, Hinata followed the instructions from the text Emma had sent her and soon her and Takemichi made it to the classroom that was designated the dressing room. Opening the door, Emma greeted Hinata, grabbing her hand and pulling her over to the models to show off the make up and as they move out of view, sat on the floor, decorating the signs was; "Dorayaki girl!" Takamichi screamed pointing at the girl. Said girl, looked up paint brush in hand as she stared at Takemichi pointing at her. It was like time froze, neither really knowing what to say to break the awkwardness. It was the stern look from Emma that snapped Takemichi out of his offensive stance. He coughed, lowering his hand into a wave. The Dorayaki girl waved back before going back to her poster, using her free hand to dip into the tub of candy. With a gulp Takemichi approached her, kneeling down to see what she was painting. "Hey, sorry about that." 

"It's okay," Dorayaki girl smiled back, trying to break the awkward tension. "We haven't seen each other since I gave your friend the goods from the bakery." The girl took another bite from her candy cup before continuing, "By the way, my name isn't Dorayaki girl."

Takemichi laughed nervously scratching his cheek. "Yeah, sorry that's kind of how I heard Draken refer to you," a complete lie but he needed an excuse for the nickname. "I'm Takemichi." 

"Akemi." 

Akemi huh? So this was the girl that Mikey would become infatuated with. "Hey Akemi," Emma wondered over, putting a hand on her shoulder to get her attention. "Could you go get some more fabrics from the hall please?" 

"Oh sure," Akemi put the brush back in its pot before running off to get what Emma had asked for. 

When Akemi was out of ear shot, Emma took the opportunity to slap the back of Takemichi's head, making his whine. "Do not be so rude," She scolded, Hinata nodding in agreement. "She is a nice girl and doesn't need you to be rude to her." 

"Okay, I get it," Takemichi whined. 

Hinata gave Takemichi a pat on the back of his head to sooth what pain Emma had caused. "I know that cry," it seemed out of no where Mikey had appeared behind Takemichi, giving him a bear hug, almost knocking  Hinata to the floor. "Takemichy came to play!" In the corner of his eye, the tub of candies next to the paint pot caught Mikey's attention and he released Takemichi from his grasp to delve into the unattended treat. 

"Emma got you helping out huh?" Draken asked Hinata, as she nodded in response. "You do have an eye for detail so makes sense." 

"Aw thank you," Hinata said, blushing from the compliment. "I'm glad I can help Emma out anyway I can." 

"Detective Hina watching out for anything that might go wrong," Emma proclaimed proudly as she turned to Mikey who was stuffing his face. "It's nice to actually get help, you know?" 

Mikey continued to ignore Emma as he enjoyed the sweet treasure he had stumbled upon. The door to the classroom opened again, Akemi walking in with the materials Emma had asked for. As Emma took the materials off her, Draken was able to get a good look at her face, "Hey Dorayaki girl," he laughed, patting her head like before. 

"Eh," Akemi whined, turning to Draken, Mikey and his antics to her back. Takemichi sighed in relief, Draken genuinely called her this, giving credit to his story. "Seriously what's with that name?" 

"Well, we don't actually know you name," Draken laughed, taking his hand back, following the stare he could feel from the back of his head from Emma. "Speaking of, Mikey, get here." 

Mikey took a large gulp, slapping his chest to make sure to not choke as he stood up. Akemi was taken back by Mikey's large grin and dark eyes. In the three years they spent in this school, the was the closet she had gotten to the infamous Manjiro Sano. "So you're the one from the bakery?" He asked, Akemi nodded. "Those dorayaki you gave me were delicious, thank you." 

Akemi gasped, taken back by the head of Toman thanking her with such a genuine smile. Sweat started to pour from Takemichi's forehead as he saw the pair interact. This was the moment he wanted to stop from happening and now he was an eye witness to love at first. "Well, they were the batch I messed up," Akemi, looked to her feet, shuffling them around. "Not like I was able to sell them anyway." 

"Hopefully I can get some fresh baked ones next time," Mikey said with a toothy grin. Akemi laughed, scanning the floor as try to avoid eye contact with Mikey when her eyes noticed something strange. Her candy tub was empty. She bent down, picking up the tub, blinking a couple of times hoping some of the contents would magically appear again. "Oh yeah, they were really tasty." 

"You ate my candy," Takemichi noticed the change in Ameki's voice as she spoke. It was dark, almost as scary when Mikey as about to fight. "You moron," Akemi seemed to have lost it when she threw the empty cup to the floor, just barely missing Mikey's feet. Everyone watching gasped, Mikey simply staying still, his smile dropping as Akemi looked up with tears in the corner of her eyes from her anger. "You ate the entire thing?" Mikey continued to stay quiet, inside starting to feel guilt for what he'd done. Akemi sighed, leaning over to grab her bag, putting it over her shoulder. "Forget it, I'm leaving." 

Ah shit, Takemichi swore to himself, feeling his hands shake. Mikey looks completely broken from being yelled at. What's he going to do? Mikey's shoulders started to move up and down slowly, lifting his head to reveal he was laughing. "What's so funny?" Takemichi questioned. 

"She's got fire that one," Mikey answered. That's what Mikey had to say? Takemichi was worried more then before. Her little outburst, impressed Mikey? 

"You have some apologising to do," Draken sighed, crossing his arms. "We'll try catch her at the bakery again, give her time to cool down." 

This was awful. The whole reason Takemichi came to the school was to stop Mikey from meeting with Akemi face to face but now- "Looks like Mikey might have a little crush huh?" Hinata giggled. It certainly looks that way Hina.