Part 5

Sat on the floor of Chifuyu's room, Takemichi continued to look through the couple of volumes of shoujo manga Chifuyu seemed to own for whatever reason.  Flicking through the pages he was hoping to get some inspiration how to help your friends achieve a happy ending. Flicking to the end of the book, Takemichi threw it up in the air in frustration, these books being nothing more then complete fiction. Chifuyu leant over from his bed, rescuing his manga from meeting its fate with the floor as Takemichi rolled in agony. "So you're telling me," Chifuyu sighed, putting the manga back in the bookcase. "Mikey falls in love with Akemi, Akemi gets attacked, her bothers blame Mikey. Making the brother attack Mikey only for him to get the shit beaten out of him; Akemi blames Mikey for everything and she commits suicide and this makes Mikey go crazy?" 

Takemichi stopped rolling around,. lying on his back to start up at Chifuyu. He nodded; "Believe me, i wanted to avoid that from happening."

"Because Mikey now seems like he's falling in love," Chiyufu hummed. "So the plan now..."

"Is to protect Akemi," Takemichi finished the sentence. 

"Got a picture of her?" Takemichi shook his head. Chifuyu clicked his tongue and it weas then Takemichi realised, he just wanted to perv. "Think she'll be working tonight?" 

"You are seriously sounding creepy," Takemichi backed away slightly, feeling rather disgusted by Chifuyu's obsession to see what Akemi looked like. 

"No, if I know what she looks like, then I can keep an eye out when we're out and if I see her, we keep her safe," Chifuyu desperately tried to defend himself. As much as Takemichi thought it was creepy, he had a point. Knowing her face, if the members of Toman knew Akemi, the girl who Mikey was falling in love with, they could watch out for her and make sure she's safe. Chifuyu smirked, leaping off his bed, grabbing his captain by the wrist and pulling him to leave the apartment. 

Hiding themselves in hats and sunglasses, Takemichi and Chifuyu tried to camouflage  themselves on the bench, allowing the crowd to provide their cover. The watched as the bakery had died down, Akemi starting to clear up for the evening. She hummed, putting away another empty tray, prepping it for the dishwasher. The pair couldn't hear what was being said but Akemi and the shop keep certainly seemed to be enjoying themselves as they continued to tidy up. In the corner of his eye, Chifuyu noticed a young man, perhaps first year middle school being followed by twin elementary school boys. The middle school laughed as he picked up one of the twins who rang the bell. 

Akemi laughed, turning to see her favourite customers. "Looks like I'm off old man," she had a smile ear to ear as she removed her apron, hanging it up on the rack beside the door before grabbing her back bag.  The shop keep, walked over giving Akemi her pay before shooing her away. Akemi bowed, leaving to join the boys. She knelt down the the elementary school, patting their heads. "Did you guys behave while I was at work?" She asked. 

"Yeah, " the twins chimed up together. 

Chifuyu and Takemichi watched intensely as the twins started to argue over who was going to hold Akemi's hand. "Think that's her boyfriend?" Chifuyu blurted out, making his captain gag on his own saliva. "Maybe it  wasn't her bother but her boyfriend that tried to attack Mikey in the timeline." 

Takemichi started to fall into an internal crisis while Akemi was busy convicing the twins they could each hold a hand and they started to walk away. Chifuyu snapped Takemichi out of his crisis, slapping his shoulder so they could follow Akemi. The twins seemed to be in a world of their own as they observed Akemi speaking to the middle school. "Sorry you have to take care of them Daiki," Akemi apologises, sounding embarrassed. "I think tonight you can choose dinner." 

The twins whined. "But we wanted stock pot," they cried in unison. 

"What a shame," Daiki smirked, coming up with a scheme. "Because I was thinking hamburgers tonight." 

"Hamburgers," the twins quickly forgot about having stockpot, now chanting the word 'hamburgers' continuously. 

"Hamburgers it is," Akemi giggled. "What's Yuu been up to today?" 

"He went to the park to play soccer with some friends," Daiki answered. 

"Glad he's getting some exercise," Akemi giggled. 

As Akemi and the boys went into supermarket, Takemichi and Chifuyu satyed back, gazing through the window at what seemed an innocent shopping trip. Did Chifuyu have the right idea? Was this guy Akemi's boyfriend and Draken recalled the events wrong? "Hey Takemichi," Takemichi jumped, pulling down his sunglasses to see Mitsuya looking down at him.  "What are you guys doing here?" 

Going to open his mouth, Mitsuya thought Takemichi had become a ventriloquism dummy as it wasn't Takemichi's voice that came out; "Being a crazy creepy stalker." The three turned, seeing Akemi crossed arm, tapping her foot. "Want to explain why you were stalking me?" 

Mitsuya turned around, covering his mouth to cover his snickering. Takemichi flustered, hoping this wouldn't get back to Hina and ruin his relationship. It was Chifuyu who kept his cool, piping up, standing and holding out his hand to greet Akemi properly. "You'll have to excuse us," hew said in cool and calm voice. "But curiosity got the better of me, wanting to know the girl Mikey has been talking about so much." 

Akemi blushed, turning away, to avoid eye contact. The realisation that Mikey talked about her, slowly settling in. "Please ignore them," Mitsuya sighed heavily, finally getting his laughter under control. "They don't mean anything bad." 

Sighing, Akemi looked up to Mitsuya with a smile. "I suppose I can let them off," She shook her head, turning to leave, hearing the cries of the twins at the store entrance. "On the condition Takemichi doesn't bother me again." 

With that she ran off, tasking some of the bags from the twins, leading the way home. "Well," Takemihci swallowed hard. "I look like-"

"A crazy creepy stalker?" Mitsuya echoed Akemi's words. "Just be sure Mikey doesn't heart you were stalking her. He'd be disappointed." 

"Might even kill you,"Chifuyu's words were the final nail in the coffin. There was no way Takemichi could make this better now.