002 : portrait.

"HE LOVES MY HEART SHAPED SUNGLASSES

"HE LOVES MY HEART SHAPED SUNGLASSES."

classes went by like a blur. maths , gym , writing. all the same as usual. honestly the school system made no sense , having to sit in a room and listen to someone talk about a random interest they may of sparked in highschool , then make you take tests on it? how does that imprint on anyone. teachers dont even care about you learning they just care about the grades you get because they define how the school looks.

despite that , you still came to school everyday. maybe it was the urge to succeed or the want of being surrounded by other human beings. youd never understand why you always dragged yourself to this place. right now , though. you didnt mind. you were in your favorite class. art. the art class was always so calming and a place where you could just release the stress of whatever classes youve had throughout the day. any student who decided to sign up for art probably pats themself on the back everyday , they saved themself a lot of energy.

"alright class , as you know we have a mix of grades in here but that doesnt define us. please partner up with a fellow classmate and draw eachother! freshmans .. dont worry too much. i know this is your first time here and thats completely okay." mr.evensee always had such a soft tone in his voice. he was your favorite teacher and got you through some tough times in freshman year. some students call him a pushover but you thought he was amazing.

completely zoned out , you jumped when you felt a tap on your shoulder. you quickly turned around. only to be face to face with someone you didnt recognise at all. he was a kid with dirty blonde hair and possibly the brightest blue eyes you had ever seen. "can i help you?" you asked.  came off slightly harsh but it was not at all meant that way. all you could hope was that he ignored the hostility.

"sorry to .. bother you. would i be able to draw you for the portrait thing we have to do?" he asked. you couldnt help but take notice of how smooth his voice was. it was like silk. you grinned , chuckling. you never wouldve thought youd get picked to be drawn but you were flattered. "sure! go ahead." you agreed.

after getting into a good angle for him to draw from , he already had his nose in his paper as he sketched. soon enough , he was actually speaking up and asking questions. "so whats your name?" he was quiet , due to focus you figured , but he still had a hint of genuine curiosity to the question. "y/n. you?" "laurence."

after chatting for a while , you learnt he was a freshman who had just joined. he explained he had tried to get into okhasis prep but was rejected. you mentioned your brother was also a freshman and also spoke about what it was like being a werewolf. overall laurence was an easy going guy , you made sure to let him know he could always come to you if he needed something.

some people made fun of freshmans but you were once in their position. you understood how it felt to be the underdog , completely alone and helpless. you had a lot of sympathy towards freshmans.

"and .. im done!" laurence said happily. you let your hand finally drop from the pose and rushed up to his side to see it. overall it was good , some of the proportions were off and the shading was a little patchy but it was still good enough to be absoloutely flattering. "wow .. this course is definitely for you. please never stop taking it , you have a serious talent." you complimented. laurence sheepishly rubbed his neck and chuckled , cheeks dusting over pink. "you really think so?" he mumbled. you raised your brows and immediately nodded. "absolutely , trust me on it!"

 "absolutely , trust me on it!"