003 : wrong crowd.

"WE WERE TOO CLOSE TO THE STARS

"WE WERE TOO CLOSE TO THE STARS."

finally lunch had rolled around. today had been hectic. with so many new students joining the school as freshman all you could  see was people making friends , trying to find classes , and overall just freaking out. you understood it was stressful but jesus .. there was no way you were this bad in freshman year.

you had luckily made it to the cafateria in one piece , sitting on the end of a table on your own as you ate. you slowly scrolled through social media , a plain look on your face. everyone around you was sat in a group of people and constantly talking. meanwhile , you were on your own. it was quite saddening.

distracting yourself with your phone soon stopped working. so , as an alternative , you decided to look at the new groups of this year. they were pretty standard , the obvious mean girls already starting to form. apart from that , all the upperclassman seemed to stick to the same people.

although , you had to double take. is that laurence? sat with gene? you felt your brows furrow and a scoff emit from your lips. the first week and he was already drawing someone into his gang. laurence looked out of place .. zenix , sasha and gene were all talking. it seemed laurence only spoke once or twice.

it rattled you to see such a sweet kid get involved in something like that. it rattled you enough that you stood up , throwing your lunch away and walking towards their table. "oh ho ho .. look who came crying back ~" gene teased. you fake gagged and stuck your finger up to your tongue. "you wish. i need to borrow laurence." you said bluntly. you gripped the blondes dark blue blazer , dragging him away from the group. the whole time you did , your gaze burned into them. only receiving teasing and pity looks back.

"are you insane?" you asked , finally letting go off laurences sleeve. he looked upset. you had to take a minute to sigh and relax your features , shaking your head. "listen. ive been in your exact position before and i promise you , genes little gang is not the people you want to hang around with. i wont stop you .. youre your own person. — but i will recommend you choose different people to associate with." the words came out firm but soft at the same time , your brows upturned while speaking to the younger student.

youd hate to see laurence go down the wrong path. he seemed like a sweet kid , someone with dreams and amazing potential. watching him lose his spark would be like watching an angel fall from heaven. its just not fair on him.

"i - i get it. i can make my own friends , though. ill be fine." he conflicted. it took you everything to not absolutely shit on gene and force laurence to stay away from him. sadly , though. that wasnt your place. all you could do was nod and let him walk off.

the only thing left to comfort you was the loud silence of the empty halls. the birds sang from outside the windows and the sun shon bright. despite the happy atmosphere you still had a frown present. that poor kid is going to get himself killed. again , though. not your place to intervene. even if you wished it was.

 even if you wished it was