018. dora and boots

chapter eighteen;DORA AND BOOTS

chapter eighteen;
DORA AND BOOTS.

TREASURE MAPS never fascinated Abby. When she was little, she watched various teens or animated characters in some stupid, silly little show go crazy searching for their happy ever after — that, of course, came with money — and she hated every second of it. Okay, well, her only exception is Map from Dora but does he really count? He isn't even a treasure map! Anyways, it just wasn't realistic, and a part of it drove her insane.

How can someone become so obsessed with something nonexistent? How can someone become infatuated with an idea? How can someone be so confident that something is real, and that they'll be the one to find something that no one has ever seen?

Abigail had many questions for John B.

The first one, of course, had to be where he'd disappeared to the past few days. She wondered if he'd give her some funny response like sorry, abs, my nap turned into hibernation which she would totally understand, or if he wouldn't even look at her, let alone give her any answers. Furthermore, she wanted to just smack the damn boy and get it through his thick skull that he is putting his friends in danger! She wanted to ask him why he couldn't just understand that — and she wanted to ask him why he was even doing all this in the first place.

Alas, Abby has questions, but she doesn't have answers. She wonders if she'll ever have answers.

Now that she's made it rather clear (with a turned back and teary eyes, mind you) that she disagrees with how John B is handling this situation, and how he's letting his fascination turn into an obsession, she doubts he'd involve her any further, let alone answer a few of her silly questions.

Thus, Abby's angry — not angry, just sad and confused — storming off turned into a late-night Twilight binge in her brother's room. Why her brother's room, you might ask? Because, honestly, James gets way more emotional over those movies than she does, and she enjoys the pain on his face every time the wolf pack dies in Alice's final vision.

Who has the blackmail now?

"Oh my God, that movie just — " James stutters over his words, choking on a sob as he aggressively wipes his tears on Abby's shirt. She groans, shoving him away, and smacks his forehead with a hiss. "I'm sorry, Abs, but I freaking love those guys!"

Abby frowns, "Yes, I'm aware. Personally, I think Rosalie deserves the world."

"And you wouldn't smash Embry Call if you were given the chance?" James questions with a raised brow. He leans back on his pillows, crossing his arms and sending his sister a pointed look. "What about Paul Lahottie?"