015. pretty poison

chapter fifteen;PRETTY POISON

chapter fifteen;
PRETTY POISON.

ABBY WANTS to call JJ and say I told you so, but she assumes that'd be more embarrassing for her than for him — either way, she fucking told him so, because the second she showed up on Pope Heyward's doorstep and asked him to be her date, even begging for the boy to hear her out, he'd firmly declined by saying you sound desperate. you don't do desperate. are you high? and quickly following it with a no.

And thus, Abigail's morning went — quite literally — to shit, and she found herself tucked into Kelce's side the moment she arrived (she'd been dreading it since she rolled out of bed) and was forced to pretend like he didn't try to kill her ex-boyfriend; something her mother was ecstatic to see, though she did have to admit that disgusted look her daughter wore kinda spoiled the moment.

But what of her to do? She was enjoying the show.

"I think I'm gonna projectile vomit on him if he says another word to me," Kiara heard from behind her. She was startled briefly, and then a look of disgust creeped its way onto her face as she turned to meet Abby's blank look.

"That's so disgusting, Abby."

"So is he!"

At once, Kie put her hands on Abby's shoulders. She cleared her throat and Abby's eyes grew wide, slightly taken aback by her actions. Nonetheless, her hands rose to cover Kie's, and she looked at her with a frown as Kie began, "Look, I don't like it either, but if you gotta dance with a Kook so that you're allowed to hang out with me, you better dance with the damn Kook; you hear?"

Abby sighed, "I hear . . . "

Kie patted her cheek and pointed towards her date, who was standing awkwardly to the side and muttering something to Rafe (an action that made Abby scowl), and then pointing to the dance floor, "Go get 'em, tiger."

"Please never say that again."

"Shoo!" Kie ignored her, gently shoving her and urging her away, "Dance until your tiny 'lil legs can't dance anymore, my friend."

Abby looked horrified as she stumbled over to her date, and she looked like she was covered in ants when she took Kelce's hand, tugging him over to the dance floor and bringing him into a short collection of steps.

Kie held back a laugh at everything Abby did — it started with how stern she was with the boy, preventing him from touching her in any way she deemed too personal, of which included him touching her hips. They looked like two middle schoolers; his hands were on her shoulders and hers were around his neck. She seemed content like that, but Kelce looked at her like she was the most annoying thing in the room.