1

*Kit*

"Remember your mission child. Do not fail or you know what happens. You have one month to complete it," My oh-so-amazing father tells me. Note the sarcasm. 

"Yes sir," I say with zero emotion. I am meant to be the most feared villain of all time. So far I've held up the standards. Everyone knows my code name, Midnight. Beautiful but deadly. Everyone assumes I'm a male and I've been raised that way. I'm not as weak as women, as my mother was. I'm as powerful as any man. Even more so. 

I grab my bag before getting in my car and speeding off to school. My mission begins once I reach my destination. I must first find out everything there is to know about Jagger. The hero's son. Then I win his trust and bring him home. From there I take him down to the basement and rough him up before sending a message to the hero. Telling him where I will be and making him meet me there in order to kill him. Once that's done there will be no threats to me. I will finally have all the power just as my father wishes. 

Do I want power? Absolutely not. I just need to have enough so I can become better than my father ever has been. I don't want to kill, and I don't want to be a villain. 

"Stop it, Kit. You want this. You need this. This is your purpose. Don't forget it." I scold myself quietly. I need this... Yes, I need this. I must complete my mission and the mission starts now. 

I throw my shades on before I step out of the vehicle. I need a proper appearance so people will not mess with me. As if the leather jacket, band shirt, black jeans, and combat boots weren't enough already. Oh well, fashion and all that. 

I walk to the office meeting the lady's gaze as I walk up to her desk. 

"I need my schedule, locker combination, and a key to the lockers in the gym," I state simply. She nods before telling me she'll be back in fifteen minutes. Perfect. I need three to get the files I need off her computer. She leaves and I get behind the desk after making sure she is gone. I insert my flash drive and get what I need before putting everything back where it was when I walked in. 

"Here you go, dear." The lady says as she hands me my things. I nod and turn to leave. 

"Don't forget you need a guide on your first day. You've been appointed Jagger." She laughs as if he's going to harm me or something. I give her a cold smile. 

"Nobody is going to scare me, lady. I'll scare them. Even Satan himself fears me," I speak in a dangerous tone that makes her gulp and look down.

"You must be the newbie." A boy says walking up to me as I step out of the office. He has curly brown hair, ocean-blue eyes, and an outfit similar to mine. 

"Jagger," I say simply. He looks at me puzzled. 

"Lady told me to expect you. Not that I need the help but new friends or whatever." I sigh. He laughs. 

"I like you already newbie." He states. 

"Kit. Call me Kit." He nods at me.

"Do you have a last name, Kit?" He asks. 

"Just Kit. I don't use any other name." Except Midnight. The two words I leave out. 

"Alright, Just Kit, any family around here?" He asks a different question. I look at him with a 'duh' face.

"Nah they let a fifteen-year-old with no job and no house live here by them-self. What the fuck do you think, Jagger?" I ask sarcastically. 

"Listen, kid, I couldn't tell if you were eighteen or younger than that. All I know currently is that you go to school here. Plus, there's a thing called emancipation you know." He scoffs.

"Which is very rarely given to fifteen year old's who can't drive and aren't old enough to work. I try that and they put me with some random asshole." I laugh, but there's no humor to it. 

"Valid point." He nods. I swear people get dumber the older they get. Just because he's eighteen and lives off of daddy's money doesn't mean everyone else can. 

"What's your schedule like Kitty?" He asks. I punch him in the arm, hard, and he winces in pain. 

"Don't. Call. Me. Kitty." I growl. He nods and I hand him my schedule. His eyes widen. 

"How the fuck are you in senior-level classes when you are the age of a Freshman or young Sophomore?" He asks. 

"Because unlike some people I actually have a brain that works?" I ask sarcastically. 

"You're a tough person to understand... Don't worry, I'll get there one day." He says with a smirk.

Ha. No, you won't. You'll be dead before you even get a chance to understand me. 

But is that what I want? 

Do I want him dead?

Yes Kit, you do. This is what you want.

What you need.