11

*Kit*

I wake up to the boys speaking quietly. I decide to just listen at first.

"We can't tell her. She might not feel the same." I recognize Jamie's voice.

"But if she does, and we find out later when it's too late, it'll hurt." Jodie's level voice responds.

"How about, we have this conversation when she isn't awake and listening in?" I hear Jules speak. It takes me a second to realize they've all gone silent and I can feel their stares on me.

I open my eyes slowly before sitting up. 

"Eavesdropping is rude, you know," Jagger says with a raised brow. My eyes widen slightly as I remember the last time I did that to my father. I immediately tilt my head down, letting my hair block my face. 

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again." I state in an emotionless tone. Fingers gently tip my head up until I make eye contact with Jules, who is surprisingly giving me a soft look. Everything about the way he's acted with me today has surprised me.

"You will never have to apologize to us over something so simple. Eavesdropping is a completely normal thing here. All of us have done it on a daily basis. We won't get mad at you for something we've all done. We aren't hypocrites Kit. The most we will do is make playful comments about it like the one Jagger just made. He probably should have said it differently after what we've learned about you. We know it'll take some time for you to get used to the playful comments as you've never had someone around like us. We will help you adjust, and we will help you break the habit of always apologizing and going all emotionless," He speaks calmly. 

"I can't break those habits. It'll make Father mad and I have to go back there," I whisper. 

"You're not going back there. We won't let that happen." Jodie promises. 

"He'll come to find me! He'll kill all of you and make me watch!" I cry out. 

"No, we have a plan," Jagger says. I look at him in curiosity but I don't dare ask. Questions are never allowed. 

"You're going to call your father and tell him that you're spending the weekend with us so you can get more information. When Sunday hits, you're going to tell him to meet you in the forest because you managed to capture Jagger and his father. They will be tied up at your feet when he gets there with his people. During that time, all of the people on our side will have them surrounded. When you give a certain whistle, our people will attack. Once the chaos starts, you will untie the two and we'll take out your father." Jamie speaks up. I glance around nervously. 

"Are you sure that will work? Even if it does, where will I stay? How will we find my brother?" I ask softly. 

"It will work. You'll be staying with us! Those two are here most of the time and were planning on moving in soon so we'll live together. We'll get your father to tell us where your brother is and he will live with Jagger's father where you can see him whenever you want and he can also get the care he needs after living in that cell for so long," Jodie replies reassuringly. I give a nod and the boys send me soft smiles. 

I don't know why, but these four boys make me feel things I haven't felt in a long time. I feel safe and protected here. My emotions show themselves around them and I'm not afraid of getting beat for having them. I feel something else that I can't quite explain. I don't understand it either. What is the fluttery feeling in my stomach? Why do I feel like I can just be me around them? 

"We have a few more questions if you are up for answering them," Jamie says after a moment. I hesitate a moment before looking at Jules who has sat back doin the chair he was in earlier. The thought of how comfortable and safe I felt reappears and suddenly I really want that feeling back. Jules notices me staring and gives me a soft smile before motioning me over. 

I walk over to him and he pulls me back into his lap the way he had before. 

"You think you can answer those questions now?" He asks knowingly and I nod. 

"When your father was being... violent... how did your mother react?" Jagger asks. 

"She didn't. My mother is a drug addict and would trade me for drugs in a heartbeat. Since my father is the one who provides her with those, she doesn't speak a word against him." I reply bitterly. 

"Was your father the only one to hurt you?" Jamie asks. 

"No. All of his men took part. They were allowed to hurt me whenever they needed to let off steam. I used to cry and beg for them to stop but that only gave them fuel to hit harder." I whisper. 

"Did any of them ever... touch you?" Jodie asks. 

"Thankfully they didn't. My father wanted me to be 'pure'.  As soon as I turn eighteen he plans on marrying me off to some man in order to have more connections," I mumble. 

"How many men does your father have?" Jules asks. 

"Five hundred sixty-four. He doesn't have as many as some do, but the ones he does have are really dangerous," I say, glad they switched to lighter questions. Jules nods. 

"That's all for now. If Jagger's dad needs to know more he'll ask. For now, I say we have a movie night, and tomorrow we can take turns getting to know you one by one," Jamie says. I nod and involuntarily give a little whine when Jules moves to get up. I blush and hide my face in his chest as he chuckles. 

"I was just going to get snacks but I suppose I can take you with me," 

These boys really do make me feel and act in ways I never have before. Being with them is what I want. 

What I need.