8

*Unknown*

I stare blankly at the wall of my cell, lost in thought. It's been thirteen years since I've last seen her. She was two, young enough to only remember me if my name were said, when I was taken away. I got locked down here. I was five at the time. My baby sister went through hell with our father and lazy mother. I was shown every moment she was punished, every time she cried, every moment of her pain.

The day that scared me most, was the day she never cried again. I still see what they do to her, but she doesn't show that pain anymore. She doesn't show weakness, as my father calls it. 

I get pulled from my thoughts as footsteps make their way towards my cell. 

"She's taking too long and forgetting about her mission. I've had it. I let her get away with no punishment for three days and this is where it gets me? She starts being lazy with it? She's got a huge punishment coming. Yet I know even then she won't cooperate. Maybe I should just kill her and make you take her place." My father states.

No! He can't kill her! He can't kill my Kitty!

"What if, instead of killing her, you showed her I was alive. Maybe tell her that if she messes up again you'll do something to me. Remind her that I exist. She's got a good memory, Sir. The best way to make her remember me is asking her about her Leo, her Lion." I state softly.  I tell him this idea selfishly. I want my baby sister to remember me. I want her to live. If she didn't, I couldn't live with myself. 

"Excellent idea, boy. We'll go with your idea. She'll still be punished... No. We'll bring you out and punish you in her place to show her what we are capable of if she were to mess up again. Before you are brought out, I'm going to have a conversation with her. We'll be back." He laughs before walking off. I hear him yell something about setting up the screen before he leaves. He wants me to see the conversation. 

~~~~~~

He walks up to Kit who is on her knees before him, you can see the anger in his eyes as he approaches. 

"You thought you'd get away with taking too long on your mission?" He questions the small girl, vicious intensity in his eyes. 

"I'm sorry sir. I was trying to get closer to him, so I could learn the secrets he has." She lies clearly. The boy behind the screen can tell. He noticed the twitching of her fingers, the way she bit her cheek, and the way her eyes fluttered a bit. 

"That's not a good enough excuse! I've come to give you some... motivation to continue working, the correct way. Do you remember your Leo?" He asks, his tone becoming more gentle yet it only makes him appear more frightening. 

"Lion? My Lion? He's alive?" She asks in a small voice. Mr. Sadania smirks down at her. 

"Yes. He will be brought in soon enough. What I've come to say is that if you mess up, one. More. Time... He won't be much longer. Are you willing to risk loosing him just because you've gotten lazy? If you were to complete this mission successfully, he will be freed, and he will work right along side you. Do we have a deal?" He asks. Leo can see in her eyes that she knows he won't be freed, but he can also see a plan forming. She's going to get him out one way or another.

"Deal."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They abruptly turn the screen off before a person comes to either side of me. They grab each arm and haul me to my feet before dragging me out of my cell and into a vehicle. I stare in amazement at the scenes we pass. It's been thirteen years since I last saw the outside world. We drive for about fifteen minutes before a house I'm familiar with comes into view. My old house, where I used to live with mother, father, and Kit. My Kitty. I'm going to see her again. 

"Let's go." One of the men who brought me here growls when I don't move quickly enough. I open the car door and step out, as fast as humanly possible. They roll their eyes at me before dragging me into the room that father was talking to Kit. I see her eyes widen once she sees me, and I give her a reassuring smile.

"We'll give you two ten minutes to talk." Father states before walking out.  

"Hey Kitty." I say softly. 

"That's why... Everyone who ever called me Kitty I had a bad feeling with and I'd snap at them. They weren't the right person to call me that. You were. That name was only for you to call me. Just like Lion was only for me to call you." She speaks softly, softer than I've heard her speak in years. 

"I missed you, so much." I say sadly. She looks ready to cry. 

"Where were you? Did you abandon me? Did you stop loving me?" She asks. 

"Oh Kitty, no. Never would I abandon or stop loving you. You are my baby sister. I wouldn't ever willingly leave you. Father sent me to a cell. I've been living there, watching as you grow up, for thirteen years. I must say, I'm proud of the independent woman you've become. I hate why you had to become that, but I'm so proud of everything you've overcome. I love you." I state softly. She smiles and runs up to me. I wrap my arms around her small, skinny frame.

"I'm getting you out of here. I've made friends. One of them is the Hero's son. The only person that can beat dad. If I tell them what's happening, they'll help me. I know father won't let you out, so I need to get you out myself. I just need to tell my friends my story." She whispers. I realize it's because there are cameras with microphones in the room. She spoke quietly enough they wouldn't pick it up. 

I squeeze her three times, letting her know I heard and understand. She pulls back right as father walks into the room. 

"We aren't letting you get away with no punishment little girl. Boys, take care of him." He laughs.

All I'm able to do, is close my eyes and block out the pain. I focus on making no sounds. A life with my sister, where we are both free, is what I want. 

What I need.