Eleven ~ Tony

All of the avengers were watching the screen, the memory of Tony in Afghanistan. They all knew Tony didn't talk about Afghanistan, and they never really knew why, but they assumed it was bad.

"I refuse," Tony said, and stared the leader of the group in the face.

The leader seemed angry and the next part of the memory was Tony being drowned in a tub of water, hands holding him under.

All of the avengers were taken back by the sight and Thor seemed horrified but confused at the same time.
"What are they doing to Tony!?"

On screen Tony was then seen being dragged through a tunnel in the cave, a bag over his head and the battery for his arc reactor in his hands. He was thrown onto a platform, looking over what looked like a low budget military base, crates of weapons materials being moved around and stored in different places. Tony frowned, that looked like Stark tech. How did they get his weaponry? Did his company have a leak?

The leader spoke again and the doctor who gave him the arc reactor said, "He wants to know what you think."

Tony looked as if he was thinking for a minute then said, "I think you got a lot of my weapons."

"He says they have everything you need to make the Jericho missile," The doctor told Tony after the leader had finished speaking again. "He wants you to make a list of materials. He says for you to start working immediately, and when you're done, he will set you free."

Tony fake smiled, shook the man's hand and said, "No he won't."

The doctor looked down slightly and agreed, "No he won't."

"What the hell?" Steve cried, "This isn't right!"

"Of course it isn't right," Natasha agreed.

On screen it was back in the cave, Tony was sitting by a fire, and the doctor was talking to him.

"I'm sure they're looking for you, Stark," He said, "But they will never find you in these mountains. Look, what you just saw, that is your legacy, Stark. Your life's work in the hands of those murderers. Is that how you wanna go out? Is this the last act of defiance of the famous Tony Stark? Or are you going to do something about it?"

"Why should I do anything?" Tony said back, looking defeated. "They're going to kill me, you, either way. And if they don't, I'll probably be dead in a week."

"Well, then," The doctor said, "This is a very important week for you, isn't it? Hmm?"

The screen then showed Tony describing how he wanted his work space, and the doctor translating. The screen then cut to a bit where the doctor introduced himself as Yinsen while him and Tony were working on something.

"This guy seems nice," Clint said.

"Yeah," Off screen Tony said, "He was."

The avengers watched in suspense as pm screen Tony carefully put together what looked like a small machine. Tony focused hard on it, until a pale blue glow came from it.

"What is that?" Steve asked.

"That is the first edition of my arc reactor," Off screen Tony told him.

"Wait, you built that in there?" Clint asked, shocked and Tony nodded.

"That doesn't look like a Jericho missile," Yinsen said on screen.

"That's because it's a miniaturized arc reactor," Tony replied, "I got a big one powering my factory at home. It should keep the shrapnel out of my heart."

"But what could it generate?" Yinsen asked.

"If my math is right," Tony said, "And it always is, three gigajoules per second."