Chapter Sixteen

I decided that trusting Kenny and being with him was a good thing to do. If he ever did anything bad, it would be over, and I'm sure he understood that. We were young, and being with him was just what was supposed to happen right now. It was like we were already dating anyway.

Kenny was right, I should stop hiding. If I like someone, then I do.

I was happy with my decision. He was mine.

At Kyle's house though, neither Kenny nor me spoke up about our new relationship. I guess I just wasn't ready to hear Cartman saying a bunch of things to me, and when the word got around school, I felt that the girls might think I wasn't being logical. So we kept it to ourselves for now.

At Kyle's house, we had spent majority of the day on video games, watching movies and having snacks. Wendy even came by for some time to be with Stan, so the six of us stayed together.

"What's going on with you and Heidi?" I ask Kyle, his face burning red. I heard Wendy giggle at the question from the other side of the room.

"Yeah Kyle. Tell us." She laughed.

He leaned back a bit in an attempt to play it off. "Yeah, she's cute."

"Yeah, cute enough that you couldn't keep your hands off of her at the party." Kenny adds and Cartman breaks into laughter.

"Fuck you fat boy!" Yells Kyle, despite Kenny being the one who originally made the comment.

I laughed. That was how most of the day went. I wondered if there was anything we could do to get Heidi and Kyle together. They would be so cute.

I looked outside. The sun was getting lower in the distance, causing a beautiful ray of colors to be shone across the sky.

"Do you guys want to go ice skating?" I asked almost impulsively.

They looked around for a second, shocked that I had been the one to ask. I didn't often make plans.

"Let's go!" Stan says, he picks up Wendy as if she were his bride and carried her out of the room.

"Y/n, could we do that too?" Kenny asked.

I stared at him and smiled. "You wish." I said. I loved that the rest of the group was so used to Kenny constantly flirting with me that they wouldn't suspect a thing.

"Go ask Heidi if she wants to come!" I call to Kyle as he leaves the room.

*

We met again at Stark's Pond after everyone had gone home to get their skates. The sunset was still beautiful.

We got onto the ice and skated as we normally would. Kenny had a consistent pattern of teasing me by skating to the other side of the rink and winking at me from afar. Each time, I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face.

Heidi was here now, and she was already pretty good at ice skating. Kyle, on the other hand, was not.

She gripped his hands as he could never fully seem to get the hang of it. "You're so cute." I heard her say as he once again turned red.

We spent our time here until just after dark. I was finally confident enough on skates that I could skate around the whole rink, just as Kenny had before.

Now, we were all getting tired and we decided it was time to go home.

We all walked together. Of course, I stayed next to Kenny.

Wendy was with Stan and Heidi with Kyle. Poor Cartman.

At some point, Kyle stayed behind to walk Heidi the rest of the way. Stan went with Wendy because he would be staying at her house last night.

Finally, it was just Kenny, Cartman and I.

Kenny stopped outside of my house. "See you later Cartman." He said.

Cartman looked at us confused. "Kenny, you live down there."

"I know. I'm walking y/n home. You can go."

Cartman looked at us. "Fuck you guys." He mumbled as he walked off.

Once he was gone, Kenny pressed me against the side of my house. The garage was on the opposite side of us, so we were somewhat concealed.

I felt weak by Kenny's movements, he moved his lips from mine to then meet my neck, and kissed me slowly there once again.

"Kenny." I whispered, allowing him to do everything he was doing.

He gripped onto my waist and continued to kiss me. He was good with what he was doing, that's for sure.

"I fucking knew it." I hear a voice from the sidewalk say.

Kenny instantly pushes me behind him, instinctively guarding me from a voice he did not immediately recognize.

I look to see Cartman who was standing with his arms crossed.

"You didn't go home?" Kenny asks, his furrowed eyebrows signaling his anger.

"No, of course not. I had a suspicion. Now you two owe me."

Kenny watched as Cartman walked toward us. "Fuck you." He said.

"Now now Kenny, I wouldn't use that type of language." Cartman replied. Then, he put his fingers on his chin while he was thinking. "Hmmm, what would the rest of the group think about this?"

He walked closer again to Kenny and I, and put his finger to Kenny's chest. "You're the biggest player in the whole school. Imagine Kyle's reaction if you.. I don't know.. cheated on y/n."

"Dude, I'm serious. Fuck off." Kenny stated again.

"Y/n, what would happen if the girls found out that the guy they warned you about was now having fun with you?"

I watched as Kenny's anger switched to confusion for a split second.

"What do you want." Kenny said.

"I don't know, I'll think about it and see how I feel." Cartman replied.

I held onto Kenny's arm throughout this whole thing.

Cartman walked away as if it were nothing. "See you guys at schoooool."

After he left, Kenny cupped my face and looked into my eyes.

"Don't worry" was all he said.

He walked me to my front door and kissed me again, turning and leaving to go home.