Rainy day | {ObaMitsu}

Theme: Fluff

"Hey, Hey! Iguro-San~! Wanna go eat lunch with me?" Mitsuri squealed, running up to the serpent Hashira.

Startled, Obanai took a second to realize what she'd said. "O-Oh! Uhhh...sure!" he stuttered. Obanai flushed when Mitsuri smiled brightly, hugging him.

"Kyaaa!! Thanks, Iguro!! C'mon! Let's go this way!" she said, pulling him along as she ran.

The day had been mostly sunny but suddenly the sku darkened and angry grey clouds covered the sun.

"Mitsuri?" Obanai said, hesitantly {It took so long to get that right ._.}.

The girl turned to look at him, head tilted to one side. "Hm?"

Obanai pointed to the sku. "I think it's gonna rain-?"

"Awh.." Mitsuri whined. "But the place we were gonna eat at is outside! And it was such a pretty place...!" she pouted.

"O-Oh! W-Well, uh... We can always go a different day? Maybe if it doesn't rain tomorrow?" Obanai suggested, feeling his face heat up again.

The other nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah! Okay! But...where do we eat now?" she asked.

The ravenette shrugged. "In one of our houses?" he suggested {Bruh- I keep using this word 💀}.

"Okay!" Mitsuri hugged him again and he smiled to himself.

But then Mitsuri started crying—at least, that's what he assumed because suddenly his shoulder was wet. And then his...hair?

Obanai looked at Mitsuri then at the sky and realized it had actually started to rain. The two pulled apart as Mitsuri noticed the rain.

"Oh! Iguro! It's raining, we should go!" she said, shivering slightly.

Agreeing quickly, Obanai lead the way to his house—which was closest—and the two ran through the rain, already throughly soaked.

By the time they were inside, they were so wet it seemed like they'd stepped out of the shower—but with their clothes on.

"Oh, Iguro, I'm sorry. It's my fault we're all so wet," Mitsuri apologized as she shivered. She wrapped her arms around her bodey, looking very cold.

The sound of rain filled the silence as Obanai wrung ut his clothes a little. He turned to see the love hashira trembling in the corner.

"Mitsuri!" He said, rushing towards her. "Are you cold? You can borrow some of my clothes, maybe. Hopefully they'll fit alright."

Confused as to whether he'd heard her or not, Mitsuri repeated her apology but Obanai waved it off. "No, no. It wasn't your fault! Anyways, lemme go find some clothes you could use."

He left her by the door where she stood, still perplexed.

A few minutes later, he came back with a pile of clothes. "Here, I got several things so you can choose." Handing the clothes to her, Obanai showed her where she could change and left to his own room to dry off.

After he'd changed, Obanai went to go make a fire to give them some warmth. He made some tea for the two of them and sat quietly near the fire, waiting for Mitsuri to be done.

She didn't take much longer to finish. Mitsuri stepped into the room and Obanai admired her. She was wearing one of his spare haori's over a long and loose white t-shirt and shorts (which weren't visible under the shirt.

She held her wet clothes at arm length and headed over to where Obanai sat. 

It took him a second to remember to offer to take her clothes near the fire to dry, but when he did he saw that she'd already placed them there. {Excess and unnessesary sentence but I felt like keeping it for some reason.} 

She sat next to him and smiled. "Should we still eat lunch? Though...it might all be wet... I tried covering it, but there was too much rain!!" she apologized {yet again}.

"You brought food?" Obanai asked, not having noticed anything she could've brough it with.

Mitsuri nodded and got up. "I left it in the room I changed in. I'll go get it," she said, racing off.

A minute later, she came back with a basket—about the size of her head.

"Here." She placed it on the floor in front of the other. "It's not much because I couldn't find a bigger basket."

Obanai opened it and found a couple fruits, some (soggy, now) bread, and two containers of salad. "And you had this with you the whole time?" he asked, closing the cover.

"Yeah!" Mitsuri said. She picked up the basket and peeked inside. "We can still eat the fruits and the purdding, though. The rest is ruined." 

"Pudding?" Obanai asked. He went to stand beside the girl and looked into the basket.

Mitsuri moved the fruits aside to reveal a couple containers of pudding—slightly squashed, but otherwise alright.

"Oh-" he said, wondering how he kept missing things. {Quite unnessesary if I should say so but who tf cares anymore.}

"Yeah, sorry...!" the other Hashira said, misunderstanding his surprise.

The two sat down and Obanai got the tea and set one cup next to Mitsuri.

"You want some?" he asked.

"Mhm!"

He poured tea up to the brim and proceeded to pour some tea for himself.

Taking out an apple, Mitsuri stared into the flames of the fire, listening to the steady sound of rain outside. It was quite peaceful, especially since Obanai was there with her.

The two ate in silence, just enjoying each others presence.

Obanai had taken off his bandages because he'd eaten with Mitsuri many times before and was now quite much more comfortable without it when he was around Mitsuri.

He got up and went to turn but felt a tug on his sleeve. He looked down to see Mitsuri gaing up at him. "Hm?" he asked.

"Where're you going?" she whined.

"To see if I have anything else we can eat, because I think you're still hungry," he explained.

Mitsuri nodded and let go.

For the rest of the day, the two stayed inside waiting for the rain to stop. They talked a little, about the future and their Hashira work.

By the end of the day, the rain had stopped and the two lay in Obanai's bed (Mitsuri had insisted on cudding before they had to go on missions).

Mitsuri started drifting off to sleep and Obanai decided to let her.

Before she did, thought, she whispered, "Iguro, today was fun, thank you... I love you Obanai..."

{1001 words}

{Not the end sounding like she was dying-

Anyways :)

Ik I said I was tired (I still am lol) but this was an old one I found in my notebook

It started raining when I was typing this out 0-o

My oneshots are now  m a g i c ✨}