A Grieving Mind

Thunder crackling in the background,

On a bench was Edalyn , her vision blurry , unsure if the spell had worked.

" Raine ! Darius , Eber " Eda called out.

Her gaze started to clear, immediately stinged by the human rain pouring down. Edalyn with immediate attention, woke up and stood from the bench she rested on. Looking around, she recognized the frigid streets of Gravesfield. Musty and cold, the air bitter.

"Where am I ? This can't be the real human world, can it? "

Edalyn says as she pulls her hair down, trying to keep warm.

She slowly begins to walk down the empty sidewalk, as her heels click, the pavement.

" Did it work?" she questioned as she paced faster.

Her feathery hair, blown away by the harsh wind passing by. Beyond the distance, she saw glimpses of a forest. Edalyn raced forward, hoping for answers. She quickly ran to the nearest tree and stared with the utmost astonishment.

" Oh , oh my titian , Luz you're alive! " Edalyn yelled in great relief as her voice echoed.

Patting through her feathered hair she says "Calm down, Owl Lady."

Footsteps quietly followed the pathway of memories, eagerly searching.

" Luz ! Luz ! Luz ! Are you here ?" Edalyn yells through a cautious whisper.

Edalyn wondered if this was truly Luz's mind. She had never imagined Luz's inner world to be so depressing. She could feel in her gut that something had changed.

" I need to find her , or get clues, quickly. I'm running out of time. Wait I recognize this memory, its Luz, carving her palisman egg. Edalyn hurried forward, hoping to find a recent memory. I don't think I was present in this memory. I need answers, "

Edalyn remarks as she puts her abomination arm through Luz's memory.