"I'll be by your side, if you let me"

Outside Luz's bedroom door, footsteps strided back, and forth. Everyone had gone to sleep, but Amity was puzzled. Amity knew she had to talk to Luz, but wasn't sure if this was the right time.

" Nothing is going to happen , if I just continue pacing like this."

Amity says in frustration.

"You can't keep avoiding this. You need to talk to her." Amity says wholeheartedly, as she reaches for the door knob.

" Luz?" Amity whispers, as she opens the door. Amity pauses, as she sees her girlfriend snuggling a fluffy blanket, while sleeping on the carpeted corner. Amity quietly walks in admiring her girlfriend, and gently sits beside Luz.

" I'm so happy you're sleeping peacefully, I wasn't sure if you would." Amity sweetly whispered to resting Luz.

Amity picked up a book from the Gravesfield library, which read " The theory of interdimensional travel".

She put the book down, as she continued giving Luz her heartfelt message.

"Luz, you were the first person in my life that made me feel loved, without having to do anything in return. You helped us all become better versions of ourselves. Ones that are more loving, and brave. So, it hurts to see you hurting everyday. Not knowing what happened to everyone we left behind. I can see it tearing you apart. I know you blame yourself for everything that happened, but I just hope one day that you can convince yourself that you're weren't responsible. Until that day, me, our friends, and your mom will spend helping you to heal. You have always been stubborn, so I know it won't be easy. But I believe in you, I believe you can overcome this. And I hope one day you'll start living your life again. I lost my Dad, Emira, and Edric. I can't lose you too, not when I can do something about it. When you asked me to be your girlfriend you told me that you didn't know what would happen, but that you wanted me to be a part of your future. So believe me when I say, I'll always be by your side, if you let me."

Amity finished, as she rested her head against Luz.