Chapter Three: Missed me, Pumpkin?

Y/N's POV.

“Michelle and Y/N, are you girls ready?”

Michelle’s Mom says as she knocks on her daughter's bedroom door.

Michelle and you head out the door.

“Y/N, don’t worry everything will be fine. Adam talked with your dad and we can only hope he apologizes. Let’s get to the car.” Jessica, Michelle's mom, says to you.

Michelle takes your hand, meaning that she is not going to let you go alone. Michelle's mom looks at you smiling, reassuring you the same.

"You are not alone, Y/N." She tells you. "Now let's go or my husband is going to start to get grumpy because we are making him wait in the car" She jokes.

We laugh as we get into the car. The drive to my house is quiet but somehow I feel okay since I have my real family.

We eventually got to my house. Once we are out of the car, Jessica knocks on the door.

“Hi..mom.” I say not wanting to sound rude, since it's my birth mother, even though in my eyes that’s not the mom I knew when she was younger. I look at her and quickly whisper. “Did he hit you when I was gone?”

My mom bluntly says, “What do you mean?” Causing a whole scene I'm the only one that understands so I shake my head at her.

Michelle's mom looks at you.

"What do you mean Y/N? Angela?”

Jessica asks Angela.

"Why don't we head inside? Dinner is gonna get cold."

My mom ignores Jessica's question.

She fears that my father might hear her but he was nowhere to be seen in the dining room instead he was on the phone discussing plans with someone. He seems very focused on that conversation.

Michelle's family and I head inside the house.

THIRD PERSON POV:

Jessica proceeds to give a worried look at her husband. They both suspect something. Her husband only denies. Telling her to not overthink about it right now.

“Mom, where's dad?”  Y/N says and he shows up.

“There’s my loving daughter.”

He comes over to kiss her cheek and hug her, acting like nothing happened yesterday. Michelle seems to doubt whether to let you go to him, remembering what happened.

Y/N acts cool, and hugs him back.

“Are you guys fine with chicken alfredo?”

Angela asks the Browns.

"Sure!"

Jessica answers, while her husband and her daughter look at her.

“I’ll help you Angela.” Your father says, “You two want any wine?”

"I want some bubs, thank you" Michelle's mom says to her husband.

"I'm fine with water dad.”

Michelle tells him.

I go to the kitchen to grab Michelle’s water. I grab some water as well but my dad hands me tea, so I just shrug it off and take it.

"Thank you. Why are you drinking tea?"

Michelle asks you.

“Dad said to drink it.”

Sips on it as Angela and Jacob grab the plates and put it on their guest plates at the table and puts’ one for Y/N.