9

T.W.: blood

Tommy hummed as he pulled at the scar on his wrist. He didn't remember a lot of what happened when he was younger, before Techno saved him. All he could remember was being scared and hurt, then Techno. Techno was there. The Blood God saved him and took him home ten long years ago.

The now sixteen year old looked up as his wolves walked over. Apollo plopped his head on Tommy's lap, grey hairs on his muzzle showing his age. Henry put his paws up on the boys leg, licking his face. Tommy scratched behind the wolf's ears.

Techno was out at the villages right now. Tommy opted to stay home for the day, not liking the cold winter of the mortal world. It was fine though, Techno would be back soon. And it wasn't the first time Tommy has been on his own. For the past year or two Tommy had ventured out without Techno.

He remembered one time when he went to the village to get a gift for Techno. It was the anniversary of when he saved Tommy. The boy went and bought him a new crown. It was a deep gold band with an emerald inlaid under a Celtic triangle. Two rubies sat on either side. It was simple, but Techno hadn't taken it off since Tommy gave it to him.

A shimmer caught Tommy's attention out of the corner of his eye. It was a gateway, a portal the gods use to travel from mortal realm to the realm of the gods. But it wasn't the deep red of Techno's gateways, or the swirling blue and yellow of Wilburs. It wasn't even the rich purple of Phil and Kristen. No, this gateway was a bright, crackling green. It made the hair on the back of Tommy's neck stand up.

Tommy ducked behind a tree, calling his wolves over with him. They weren't too far from the cabins, if it came to it Tommy could run home and grab his sword. But then the god stepped through.

His green cloak was stained red as he fell to his knees in the snow. He coughed behind his porcelain mask. Tommy recognized the god as Dream, God of survival and luck. He'd never met the god before, but he heard stories about him. The god who played games with the fellow gods of his pantheon, relying on his skill and luck to beat them. Those who worshiped him asked for a bit of luck in the hunt or harvest.

But now the green god was hunched over, red bleeding into the snow. Dream looked up towards the cabin, struggling to get his feet under him.

"Techno..?" Dream called, his voice shaking as violently as his body. He coughed more and blood dripped out from behind his mask, "fuck..."

Tommy hesitated. The god was injured, he could help. But without the safety net of Techno he wasn't sure. Dream could be faking, luring Tommy or Techno in to attack. Tales of wars between gods echoed in Tommy's head. Phil and Techno would often recall their battles. Even Wilbur would join in at times, reminiscing on the madness of mortals during this bloodshed.

Dream took a shuddering breath, heaving himself up to lean against a tree. The wound on his side was bleeding freely, the gods hand pressed to it doing little to staunch the flow. Dream looked down at the amount of blood, "fuck... Where is Techno..?"

Tommy pulled out his knife, another gift from Techno. A gold, ornate handle and sheath that concealed the blade that Techno said was blessed by the Goddess of Death. With the knife in hand, Tommy stepped out.

Dream looked up, a sigh of relief falling from his lips, "Thank the gods... You're Techno's kid, right?"

"Yeah." Tommy nodded, holding out the knife. His wolves were by his side, growling at the intruder, "why are you here?"

"I need help." Dream gasped out, "the gods are in danger."

"How are the gods in danger?" Tommy scoffed.