Chapter Four

Lizzie hated the idea of lawyers being involved

Lizzie hated the idea of lawyers being involved. She left the house after asking Jarnette to pick up Kai from school. Driving frantically to Y/N's apartment. Knocking on the familiar brown door.

"What?" Y/N asked as she answered the door.

"Please don't do this Y/N." Lizzie pleaded as she let herself in. "We can sort this out. The two of us."

"How?" Y/N asked her.

"We could always ask Kai. See if he wants to stay in London or stay here." She said as Y/N chuckled, lighting up a cigarette. "I thought you quit." Lizzie stated.

"I thought you weren't a bitch so I guess we're both surprised." Y/N said as she took a drag.

"What happened to us?" Lizzie whispered as Y/N stepped back shaking her head.

"Don't do that." Y/N told her. "We are only ever going to talk about Kai and that is all."

"We can't ignore our history." Lizzie pressed as Y/N laughed.

"I see what you're doing." Y/N said as she looked away from the woman who still had a hold on her heart.

"We were good. We were happy. What went wrong?" Lizzie asked her as Y/N shook her head.

Lizzie watched as Y/N tried to play her guitar. She had been trying to play again for weeks. Her fingers constantly cramping up and fumbling the notes.

"Fuck!" Y/N yelled as she smashed the guitar. Lizzie watched as the person she loved was going through so much pain.

"Y/N?" Lizzie whispered as Y/N just looked at the broken instrument as she stood up.

"Agghhh." Y/N screamed as she smashed it some more. Lizzie stepped towards her quietly.

"Baby." She called out softly, resting her hand gently on Y/N's arm. When Y/N looked up at her, Lizzie noticed that the eyes that were once full of love and adoration, were now filled with pain and grief.

"I can't play." Y/N spoke shakily. "I can't. What do I do? What am I supposed to do?" She watched as Y/N cried, limping out of the living room. Lizzie looked at the guitar, picking up every piece and placing it in her office.

Y/N just glared at the woman before her. Laughing before she spoke.

"You were perfect. You always were." She chuckled dryly. "I was the broken one. I was the one who lost everything they had. I lost you. I pushed you away. I walked out on us because I wasn't worthy of your love. I wasn't worthy of being with you. I never stopped." Y/N quickly stopped talking and tried to walk away.

"Never stopped what?" Lizzie pressed as she stepped in front of her ex.

"I need to leave." Y/N said as she looked away from Lizzie.

"You never stopped what?" Lizzie repeated again resting her hands on Y/N's arms. "Please tell me baby." She let the pet name slip causing Y/N to look at her angrily.

"Don't call me that." Y/N spoke laced with venom. "Not since you most likely call him that."

"I don't. I never call Caleb that." She told Y/N honestly. "Cal and I haven't even said I love you and I don't think I feel like that with him. I like him. Yes, but am I in love with him? Do I see a future with him? No. He was there for me when I needed someone. Someone who would listen to my worries and my dreams. Someone who made me feel just an inkling safe as what I was with you."

"I think you should go." Y/N told her. Stepping away from her while taking a deep breath. "My lawyer will be getting in touch."

"Y/N. Please don't do this." Lizzie pleaded as Y/N looked at her emotionlessly.

"I will not let you take my son away from me for almost a year." She told her as she brushed passed Lizzie opening her door, gesturing for her to leave. "I will come and pick him up on Friday before dinner."

"Ok." Lizzie took a deep breath as she walked out of Y/N's apartment. Y/N shut the door before Lizzie could even turn around. Getting her phone from her pocket and dialling Dee's number.

"I need you." She whispered as soon as Dee answered.

"I'm on my way." Dee told her as soon as she hung up. Y/N didn't wait too long until she shown up. Letting herself in and making her way over to Y/N. "Y/N?" She spoke softly as she sat beside Y/N.

"She won't get out of my head." Y/N spoke in a broken voice. "Everytime I think I am over her, I just." She took a deep breath before continuing. "I'm not. I still love her. I'm still in love with her."

"I know." Dee whispered as she pulled Y/N into her. Hugging her tightly.

"What do I do?" Y/N asked her. Dee was lost for words so she just held her. "What do I do?"

Lizzie walked in the house. Dragging her feet. That talk took a toll on her emotionally.

"Liz?" She heard Caleb call out to her as she sighed. Taking her shoes off. "How did it go?"

"It was stupid." Lizzie said as she walked into her kitchen. "She's still adament on the lawyers settling this situation."

"She can't do that." Caleb said as he rubbed his hands up and down her arms.

"She can." Lizzie said as she met his gaze. "Y/N is Kai's mother."

"So are you." He told her. "Don't you have a sort of power over this situation?"

"No." She whispered. "She has all of the power now. If the two of us can't settle on something, well we are pretty much allowing the lawyers to come up with a solution."

"We'll get through this Liz." He told her as he pulled her in for a hug. "I love you." He said as he kissed her head. She could only let a tear slip knowing she will never feel the same as she did for Y/N.

AN

A chapter as promised. Please let me know what you awesome dudes think