03

"So, Ashton... What exactly do we do here?" I asked, hesitant. I wasn't sure if I was prepared to hear the reply.

"Well for the most part we just train and hang out with each other. The biggest reason we're all stuck in here together is because we don't belong in the same places mortals do. We're demigods for Christ's sake. Think of it, Jo. People would never even believe us, let alone accept us. We have more of a purpose in our lifetimes than spending it convincing mortals to let us into their perfectly crafted society," he finished, getting somewhat carried away, "sorry. It just irks me to no end."

"Wow seems like you've thought about this a lot. But hey, no need to apologize. I see where you're coming from. So what exactly to we do in training?"

"For the most part we all do the same basic training including things such as running and lifting heavy things just so we all have the same foundation, and then we have schedules each week for training we need to do for our specific housing," he begins to explain, "for example, this week we have the basic training Monday and Wednesday, and we have Pegasus riding Tuesday and throwing practice on Thursday."

"Pegasus riding? This is ridiculous. Is this a joke? Where are the cameras?" I say laughing.

"It's all real," Ashton said hesitantly laughing, obviously feeling uncomfortable, "now c'mon you have to meet my friends!"

He began tugging me by my arm leading me through a ton of trees until we got to what looked to be a secret clubhouse type of area. Surrounding the house was a huge group of guys.

"These are all of your friends?" I asked, amazed.

"Hey, it took you seven years to get here, I had to have some type of company."

"How do you even keep track of all these people?"

"It's not that hard, really. I have three really close mates who hang around with me so I spend most of my time with them," he said, obviously searching the crowd for them, "oh, look! There they are!" He pointed, dragging me over.

The group of 3 boys were hanging around a fire, drinking what I am guessing is some type of alcohol, and chatting amongst themselves. Once we made our way over, the boys abandoned their conversation to pay attention.

"Hey, Ash, who's the new chick?" A tall guy with blonde hair and bright blue eyes asks.

"The 'new chick' has a name. It's Jo."

"Hey, Ash! You finally got someone else in the Zeus house," a guy with bright red hair exclaimed.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Once you spend enough time here, it's pretty obvious, love," a guy with black hair said, standing up and crossing over to me, "it's nice to meet you, Jo. The name's Calum," he said, taking my hand in his and kissing the back of it.

I pulled my hand out of his, "right. Pleasure's mine."

The other 3 boys were snickering in the background.

"Problem?" I asked them.

"No, nothing," Ashton said, "so can you guess what house the boys are in?"

"Doubt it. I know nothing about this place. I guess I can try, though," I said, trying to encourage myself.

"Good! What about Luke?" He asked, pointing to the tall blonde.

I looked at him for a second, trying to add the pieces together, "Poseidon?"

"Nope, Apollo. Y'know, the sun and all that," he replied.

"Well that was a good guess! What about Michael?" He said pointing to the bright haired boy.

"Hmmm... Hades?" I guessed completely.

"Yes!" Michael exclaimed getting excited.

I jumped up and down clapping, earning a high five from Ashton.

"Okay so now you only have to guess Calum's," he said anxiously.

"Let's make it interesting," Calum chimed in, "if you get it wrong, you have to go out with me."

"And what do I get if I get it right?" I asked, smirking.

"Uh.. the satisfaction of getting it right?"

"HA! I've got it! Athena," I said proudly.

He looked defeated. I knew I was right. It was so obvious. He stood up out of his chair and walked over to me.

"Guess I'll be seeing you at 7."