Revenge is here

A few days later...

Jin sat in front of 2 head chiefs of police and listened to them complain about Ji-Sook's case.

"It's not leading anywhere." One of them said.

"It's useless. Ji-Sook is too elusive." The other one said.

"Taking on this case was a mistake from the beginning and we already had a hostage situation."

Jin rubbed through his gray hair. At an age of 47, he was still in great shape and very young for his position.

"Who took on the case?" Jin asked.

"Mr.Tae-hyung Kim sir."

Jin nodded with understanding. Tae-hyung had been behind Ji-Sook for god knows how long.

He pulled out his phone and called him.

"Tae-hyung..." he spoke into the phone.

He heard the man chuckle on the end. "What do you want, Jin? I'm on an important case."

"I am talking to you about that case. It has been judged that you aren't handling the case properly. She's a woman and you couldn't even catch her until now?"

Tae-hyung gritted his teeth but he knew he couldn't say anything to the head of the KIB who was sitting in his office without a care in the world.

"Maybe you should take help from our office, Tae...for old time's sake."

"We're handling it better than anyone. We will catch her so never call me again."

Then hung up without another thought.

Jim chuckled humorously. That bastard...

••••••••••

After hanging up the phone call with Jin, Tae-hyung told his driver to take him to the hospital.

Tae was an emotional guy. He didn't know how to keep his emotions out of his job. And in the past few days, he hadn't got any sleep. His mind kept replaying the image of frightened Roseanne getting taken hostage by Ji-Sook and her lying on the road with blood across her arms and forehead.

He pinched his eyes. He had been working with her for a few months and he got to know how smart, wonderful and kind, she was. Is.

Roseanne was in a coma. The doctors weren't sure when she would wake up but fortunately, it wasn't anything worse.

He went through all the hallways in the hospital and found Roseanne's room.

She was lying in the hospital bed with her eyes closed. Her blonde hair was combed onto her shoulders and framed her face.

Tae-hyung stood there and sighed. He went around to her left hand and stared at the engagement ring.

He had seen it when she was lying on the road and it made him confused because she said going after Ji-Sook hadn't been a personal agenda for her.

A nurse came and he asked, "Did anyone come to see her?"

The nurse shook her head.

That doesn't make sense.

If someone she loved got killed by Ji-Sook, then it would fall in her reasons for working with him to arrest Ji-Sook.

But who was she engaged to?

He called one his assistants at his office and asked him to look up Roseanne and street photos of her in Paris.

Tae sat down and waited for a few minutes before he got messages.