Chapter 21: Mi bumpsey

The local news station's breaking news alert interrupted the early morning talk show.

Anchorwoman, Sarah Richards' voice boomed from the television speakers as the headline scrolled across the bottom of the screen:

"Councilman Baxter served subpoena by DOJ and SEC for embezzlement of public funds."

Within minutes, the local community was in an uproar. Social media was buzzing with comments from angry citizens, calling for Councilman Baxter's immediate resignation. The news vans soon descended upon City Hall, where the councilman was holed up in his office, refusing to make a statement.

Citizens gathered outside City Hall, waving signs and shouting slogans, demanding accountability and transparency from their elected officials. The news cameras rolled, capturing the passion and intensity of the crowd.

"This your doing?" Fatima asked Zac as they were having breakfast together

"Yup," he answered sipping his coffee

"You know, Mar doesn't want him arrested right?"

"I know. Do you trust me?"

"Always,"

"Good, then I think we need a quick lil getaway to the Caribbean. How quickly can you get ready?"

"Uhm 30 minutes maybe?"

"Cool, I'll call the pilot and get the jet ready to go in an hour,"

"I am so confused right now,"

They managed to get ready and on the jet within the hour the flight to St Lucia was about four and a half hours and Zac used some of that time to make some calls to Horizon Trust and Councilman Baxter.

"Councilman Baxter, it's Zachary Taylor. We spoke a few weeks ago about funding for your re-election campaign,"

"Yes of course I remember Mr Taylor, what can I do for you,"

"I'm afraid I have some bad news, with the current news cycle I will not be contributing to your campaign. Your image has taken a hit and I cannot in good conscience fund such an unstable candidate."

When they land in St Lucia Zac lets Fatima know he has some meetings to attend to so they can enjoy the rest of their vacation. She heads to the hotel and he heads to the Horizon Trust headquarters.

He walked into the bank's headquarters with a sense of calm resolve. The manager, who had worked with Zac since the very beginning, greeted him with a smile. But as Zac made his way to the manager's office, he could see the confusion and concern on the man's face.

"Mr Taylor, what's going on?" the manager asked, closing the door behind them.

"I want to dissolve this bank and all its holdings and assets."

The manager was stunned. "Sir, are you sure? This is a very big decision. You have a lot of money invested here."

Zac didn't answer the man just gave him a sharp look.

The manager looked at Zac for a moment, then nodded slowly. "I understand," he said. "What do you want me to do?"

"I want you to move all of the funds and assets to a Swiss bank account," Zac said. "And then I want you to shut down the bank."

The manager hesitated for a moment, but then he nodded again. "I'll make the necessary arrangements," he said.

Zac watched as the manager got to work, contacting lawyers and accountants, arranging for the transfer of funds and assets

"I'm around for the next couple of days and I want this sorted before I leave."

When Zac leaves the bank it's early evening and he makes a dinner reservation for himself and Fatima.