1.

KNJ

One hundred and eighteen days until HE would be discharged and could finally go on parading his good looks enhanced by tons of makeup on millions of screens worldwide. Hopefully, Namjoon would not have to suffer to watch him any further. Thankfully, he then wasn't his problem anymore.

One hundred and eighteen days were full of annoying, agonizing hours until Kim Seokjin would finally leave him alone.

One hundred and eighteen days until he was back to his peaceful life.

Kim Namjoon groaned as he dropped the calendar he held in his hands and just used to count the days until his most annoying underling would be finally – FINALLY – discharged. It wasn't as if he knew perfectly well how long it would take until that day. It wasn't as if he woke up every day, starting with the simple math to deduct one from the remaining days.

One hundred and eighteen days.

The calendar smacked onto his desk as he buried his face in his hands and suppressed a groan. He would survive this. Sadly, surviving the human hurricane that was Kim Seokjin, was more challenging than any encounter he had in his entire military career. And he faced many difficult situations already.

Rich, naturally handsome men were just not his forte. Unfortunately, he had to take them in since every male had to serve his military duty. No matter how much money they had or how well-connected they were.

Sighing, he dragged his hands down his face, forcing his eyes open and letting them rest over his mouth as he glanced at his calendar once again and then looked up to the clock that hung on the dirty white wall right above the door.

Only five minutes left until he had to inspect the barracks and check on his recruits. Meaning that he would have to deal with him again.

He dreaded these encounters. The pretty boy was charming, well-liked, mischievous, and had a knack for getting away with things like indirectly disrespecting Namjoon.

That fucker.

With another deep sigh, Namjoon stood up abruptly, deciding to get over and done with it so that he only had to do this two hundred and thirty-four more times with him in attendance. Why did they have to do this twice a day?

He moved across his small, sparse office in big, brisk steps and reached the door. After a deep inhale, he entered the hallway, moved towards the door, and was out into the open.

The encampment was like a city of robust halls and barracks, yet it was sparsely decorated and rather matter-of-factly. A group of jogging soldiers passed him, and Namjoon nodded in approval and credited them with a small smile.

Running in this summer heat was hard enough; they should not be additionally punished with cranky superiors.

Pulling at his dark green shirt to create a bit of a cooling effect on his skin, and pulling down his sunglasses, Namjoon decidedly started to march towards barrack 2.1 to see what his underlings would be up to. Hopefully, he did not have to scold any of them for tardiness or a messy appearance.

He wanted to make this rather quick, to grant them and himself a rather well-deserved free evening, where the group could go to a nearby lake to cool off or meet at the cafeteria and have some beer. As a fact, and as pleasant a swim in the cool lake would be, Namjoon tried not to go there when his own groups went. He knew how terrible it was if a superior was present in your free time and ruined the fun.

He prided himself in having a good relationship with his soldiers, yet he perfectly knew that part of that was because he left them their space and disappeared out of their sight from time to time.