2.

KSJ

I was still chuckling as I left the barracks, accompanied by five of my closer friends in the squadron. It was kind of refreshing to have normal friends again, some people who were not associated with big names, companies, or being famous.

We were about to go swimming at the lake close by, enjoying the warm summer evening and relaxing from all those workouts, training, and drills. Military service was not as bad as I first made it out to be. It almost felt like a bit of a vacation, a bit of a breather, of not constantly being watched and having to be on your best behavior. You could just be you, and there were no cameras attached to your face, no one following you, no terribly tight schedules, or stalkers.

It felt like a bit of a vacation. Exhausting vacation but nonetheless.

My feet shuffled over the hot ground, trying to keep up with my laughing and joking teammates that pushed each other forward and could not be stopped.

"I swear to you, Jin-hyung, the face the Sergeant made was absolutely hilarious! If I would have a bit of acting skill, I would totally reenact it, but I don't!" Seonghwa laughed, falling into step beside me.

I shared a bright smile with him. "You could always try! I am so damn curious, but unfortunately, he did not grant me the satisfaction of seeing his expression, that nerd!" I exclaimed, frustratedly kicking some dirt up in the air, immediately regretting it with a coughing fit.

It was too damn dry out here.

We walked easily between the singular buildings that made up the encampment, nearing its outskirts, a mere half a mile away from the hopefully refreshing lake.

Kim Namjoon was so easy to tease and rile up and make fun of. He was a rather young Sergeant and was far more lenient and nice than most of the others, who were really keen on discipline and utter obeyance. In that regard, we were all really lucky to be part of his current squadron.

I remember all too well the first time I saw him, that muscular build, these strong arms, and handsome face, which was half hidden due to some stylish sunglasses. His feet were tightly bound into his military boots, the camouflage pants fitting perfectly to his long legs, secured by a black belt that brought out his slim waist, and the dark green shirt that was neatly tucked into them.

He was breathtaking and impressive. I remember forgetting how to breathe and then my increasing heart rate, which made my ears all red. It was very much embarrassing. He looked so cool; he looked so composed as he stood behind his supervisor in the place right in front of us, waiting to get his new squadron assembled.

But that was nothing compared to his first smile and those beautiful, beautiful dimples that dug themselves into his cheeks, making him appear like a cute, mischievous little boy. I was ready to faint and wondered during the greeting speech he gave us, why he was not in the entertainment industry. A man like him must have surely been chased to the world's end by casting agencies.

Unfortunately, my awe for those jealousy-provoking dimples did not make me pay attention, and as he gave us our first task, I had no idea what it was about, having to reaffirm with the person next to me.

Unfortunately, Namjoon saw that and singled me out to question me in military style. And I am pretty sure he would have let it slide, seeing that it was our first day and he was a decent and actually nice guy, but due to his dark harshness, I retorted with some silly, disrespectful phrase – I do not even remember what it was – and that made me seem like a little shit.

Therefore, I got my first punishment just 3 minutes after I joined his squadron. Sucks.

But, during the next few days, I realized that his voice grew deeper and rougher whenever I did something stupid and upset him. The look in his eyes changed as well into something deeply troubled, as if he was hating imploring extra kitchen duty or shoe polishing onto me.