Chapter Five - Panic

Izuku stood, frozen in place.

How did someone know his name? He didn't understand, was he in danger? No was UA in danger!?

He paced and muttered, making himself more fractious by the second.
He found himself crying, his thoughts being very loud, then silence, ringing, very loud ringing, he fell to the floor, hitting his ears.

He begged for it to stop, crying, breathing becoming hard. He curled into a ball, rocking back and forth, biting his fingertips, causing them to bleed. He needed someone, Kacchan, Eraserhead, Kirishima, anyone!

He then became more panicked, he couldn't breathe, he tried hitting his chest,  he tried coughing, and he scratched his neck in hopes that he would be able to breathe but none of it worked, he cried as his vision faded to black.

Eraserhead was at the front gate which was now dust, the media had left after the police arrived, and he was puzzled, was this a villain attack or some news reporter using their quirk?
He hummed as Nezu stated that UA would get a bit more secure to protect the students.

Speaking of students, Aizawa had an itch in the back of his mind, like something bad was or had happened.
As Nezu dismissed the heroes, Aizawa went to his classroom, students were ok, the usual, Mineta being stuck to the wall, Bakugo screaming, Denki zoning out, and others chatting in their groups.

He went to the other classes he taught, and everyone was fine. He checked the news, and all of the teachers, but nothing. So what was it?

He decided to go up to the rooftop, to ask Rooftop Boy about the commotion earlier that day.

He closed the hatch and saw the boy, who seemed like he was sleeping until he got closer, with tear-stained cheeks, slight scratches on his neck, and bloody bitten fingertips.
This was the itch in his mind, something had happened to Rooftop Boy.

He tried shaking him awake but his hands went right through him, shit.
What could he do? He sighed and decided it would be better if he waited for the boy to wake up, there were still 35 minutes of lunch, so he was ok to wait until the bell rang.

10 minutes later, the boy woke up, Aizawa put his phone away and slowly approached Izuku.

"Hey kid, you alright?" He softly said.

Izuku flinched, not realising that the hero was there.

"M-Mhm! Yep, sorry, just took a nap-" he lied, he was a terrible liar.

"The tear-stained cheeks and scratches on your neck say otherwise" Aizawa pointed out.

Izuku froze, before taking a deep breath.
"UA is in danger, a man was on the roof, he was a villain and he knew my name-" Izuku rambled on quickly, seeming more upset the longer he talked.

"Hey hey, slow down, take your time," Aizawa said, softly hushing Izuku.

"Villain attacked UA, then he went into some kind of portal.." Izuku spoke.

Aizawa hummed in acknowledgement.
"We'll try our best to keep students safe alright? You don't have to worry"

Izuku nodded and sighed, taking deep breaths.
"I wanted to be a hero ya know...wish I could be one, but I would be able to now" he said sadly.

Aizawa perked up, seemingly having an idea.
"I think you can still be a hero kid"

Izuku looked confused.
"But I'm Quirkless and a ghost, I can't touch people and vice versa"

"You could be a spy, gathering intel to help heroes, that's saving people" Aizawa spoke reassuringly.

Izuku smiled, nodding, getting out his hero analysis book.
"Yeah! I love doing that, well, gathering info about heroes!"

Aizawa smiled slightly.
"Well go on then kid, be a hero"

Izuku stood up and jumped off the roof, floating off.

"That kid is going places," Aizawa said as he came down the ladder from the roof.

Izuku Midoryia, also known as the Rooftop Boy, is a now hero.