Chapter Seven - Nothings New...

Izuku strolled through UA's gates, casually nibbling on some Pocky he'd picked up from a store. He'd tried hunting down the LOV base, but in a city this big, it was like finding a needle in a haystack.

Glancing around, he spotted students chilling on the grass, soaking in the sun. He wished he could join them, feel that warmth on his skin. But, being a Ghost and all, sensations were out of the question.

Floating up to the roof, he was greeted by a surprise: a kid with purple hair, seemingly on his way out.

"Hey, sorry I wasn't around when you needed me," Izuku admitted, a tad sheepishly.

The student whipped around, eyes wide in shock. Clearly, he hadn't expected to encounter the Rooftop Boy in the flesh. Izuku gave him a once-over.

"I'm the Rooftop Boy. Nice to meet you. Want some Pocky?" he offered.

The boy shook his head. "So, you're real?"

Izuku nodded,"Yes I am-" but then he froze. What on earth was going on? He tried to move, but it was like he was stuck. Was this the kid's quirk?

"This is so cool!" he thought, waiting to see what would happen next.

The boy focused on Izuku, demanding answers.
"Alright, why are you haunting UA?" he asked.
Izuku answered, though it felt a bit involuntary. "I'm not sure. When I died, I just woke up here on the roof."
Izuku's eyes sparkled with curiosity about the boy's quirk.
"Is that your quirk?! Its so cool! What's the range? Can you do multiple people at once..?!" He rambled on, eager to know more.
The boy was taken aback, clearly not used to having someone so interested in his quirk. He
scoffed, giving Izuku a bored look. Izuku snapped out of his excitement.
"Whoops! Sorry for going on. What's your name? Haven't seen you around," Izuku inquired.
"The name's Hitoshi Shinso. Yours?" Shinso asked.
"I'm The Rooftop Boy, but you can call me Deku if you'd like," he offered with a grin.
They both settled in, chatting away. But Izuku's attention was abruptly stolen by a frantic Iida rushing into the school. Something was off—wasn't 1-A supposed to be at the USJ? Had something gone wrong? Shinso picked up on Izuku's concern.
"Go. I get it," Shinso reassured him.
With a nod of thanks, Izuku floated down from the roof, making his way to the USJ. As he went, he picked up rocks and sticks, an inexplicable urge compelling him.
Phasing through walls, he was met with an alarming sight: villains. Surveying the scene, his focus honed in on a monstrous figure restraining Eraser Head. Swiftly, he navigated past fellow students, positioning himself at the centre. Armed with rocks, he spotted a blue-haired villain
closing in on three trembling students.
In a surge of panic, he hurled a rock, striking the villain's face and disrupting its advance. The students watched in astonishment. The blue-haired villain, disoriented, scanned the surroundings. Izuku smirked, unseen and intangible, his presence masked by his ethereal nature.
He pressed forward, continuing to pelt the blue-haired villain with rocks. The colossal creature, perplexed by orders to "Destroy the brat," faltered, unable to carry out the command. There was
no brat, only an untouchable spectre.
Izuku chuckled, freezing abruptly as gazes converged in his direction. Not directly at him, but whispers of curiosity arose. He scanned the area, but a sudden detonation seized everyone's attention. All Might! The collective exhale of relief signalled a return to calm, and the hero
surged forth, engaging the Nomu.
Izuku shifted his gaze to Eraser Head, observing as others rallied to his aid and whisked him to safety. Returning to the battle, Izuku's concern for All Might grew apparent. As much as he harboured reservations about the hero, he recognized the need to help.
Clutching a stick, he floated to the Nomu, closing his eyes as he impaled its brain. The Nomu let out a shriek of agony, stumbling, affording All Might an opening to land a final, decisive blow. The Nomu was launched from the USJ.
He glanced over to see a portal manifesting. From the door, Snipe emerged, discharging several rounds into the blue-haired villain. A bit severe, Izuku mused. He opted to go through the portal, pursuing the villains. Anxious about what he might uncover, he stepped through.
Upon reopening his eyes, he found himself in a bar, inhabited by two individuals—the portal
user and the blue-haired villain. The portal user tended to the latter's wounds.
"Master Shigiraki, please, remain still," the mist-wielding individual urged.
So, his name was Shigiraki. Izuku surveyed his surroundings, noting the commonplace features of the bar—a game console, a lone television, and a notice board adorned with photographs. Photographs of him—depictions from his childhood and middle school years, even some from
the rooftop. Surprise and fear gripped him.
He left the building, mentally marking its location, and surveyed the area, seeking familiar landmarks. He wasn't sure where he was, but he floated upward and saw the train station. That would be his transport to go back home.
He needed to tell the heroes about his findings, but an eerie sensation of being observed lingered, haunting him like a ghost in the shadows...Ironic, a ghost being followed by something he thought was also a ghost...